SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#377115 - 12/04/13 12:58 PM Baartmans on T5
Bachus Offline

Guess where i was yesterday evening...

Willy Dera, where i bought my first arranger, when he was still in Landgraaf, nowerdays he has set up shop in Heerlen.

Great evening, lovely demo, an awesome instrument, and one of the best players in the buiseness.

Just a note however, with my 45 years of age, i was probably the youngest kid in town (well almost)

I am seriously considering trading in my Audya 4 and V-synth to get access to a T5..

There was one question i asked which the yamaha crowd could not answer (Baartmans included) and that is what kind of Ipad integration we can expect. Yes they are going to release some Ipad apps specially for the T5, but they could not say, or did not know what to expect.

Also a PC program like the Motif Editor that turns Motif into both a VST as well as a VST host is out of the question.

oh, and they will release a full new Motif at winter namm, which will be a great step up from the current Motifs and a step ahead of the Kronos, whatever that means.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#377117 - 12/04/13 01:27 PM Re: Baartmans on T5 [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Overhere in this video at 2.45 he demonstrates how the harmony function changes a single note intoo an ensemble..

First he plays the simple mellody without harmony, and the 2nd time he plays the same easy mellody but with the harmony function enabled..

Thing s like this are sweet, and so typically Yamaha, full integration of this in an arranger is nice.

#377124 - 12/04/13 02:41 PM Re: Baartmans on T5 [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

headphone Why, Why, Why, aren't there any of these top notch T5 demos being done in the USA by these great players? Seems like mostly in Europe. I hope that changes, btw nice demo.. confused1 ...............

clap clap

Edited by Dnj (12/04/13 02:53 PM)

#377142 - 12/04/13 09:53 PM Re: Baartmans on T5 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
headphone Why, Why, Why, aren't there any of these top notch T5 demos being done in the USA by these great players? Seems like mostly in Europe. I hope that changes, btw nice demo.. confused1 ...............

clap clap

Every one of those demos brings at least 100 peoples sells about 10 tyrosses directly and another 20 or so in the next few months to follow..

Are there that many arranger players in your neighbourhood interested in such an expensive arrranger?

#377146 - 12/04/13 10:23 PM Re: Baartmans on T5 [Re: Bachus]
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Every one of those demos brings at least 100 peoples sells about 10 tyrosses directly and another 20 or so in the next few months to follow..

Are there that many arranger players in your neighbourhood interested in such an expensive arrranger?

There's not a chance in hell Yamaha is selling 10 Tyros 5's to every 100 attendees of each demonstration. They'd be lucky if one in 100 purchased one. Fact is the market for TOTL arranger keyboards is minute. Even more so once the price is beyond $3k. At $5k and beyond you've narrowed the field to such a small niche that only a few people will buy it. Even TOTL workstations which have a much broader market don't sell in huge numbers. We're not talking hundreds of thousands of units, a runaway hit would be in the tens of thousands.

Edited by Ensnareyou (12/04/13 10:29 PM)

#377148 - 12/04/13 10:33 PM Re: Baartmans on T5 [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

#377152 - 12/04/13 11:22 PM Re: Baartmans on T5 [Re: Bachus]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I went to a demonstration in Telford about 6 or 7 years ago to see the launch of the tyros 2 . There were about 150 people there . Most over the age of 65 . Middle class and obviously not short of money . At that demo about twenty five toys' were ordered . The music shop colbeck pianos in Sutton Coldfield sold another ten and that was just one dealer . I think tyros sales are quite high . They have to be for the monetary investment yamaha pump in to promote the instrument .

I went to the demo of the tyros 3 some years later. Same thing happened . The tyros market group are fiercely loyal and have the money to purchase based upon desire alone . And they tend to be pretty shrewd too which is why they are in the financial position to keep upgrading each successive edition of the tyros

Edited by spalding1968 (12/04/13 11:27 PM)

#377154 - 12/05/13 12:22 AM Re: Baartmans on T5 [Re: Ensnareyou]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Ensnareyou
Originally Posted By: Bachus

There's not a chance in hell Yamaha is selling 10 Tyros 5's to every 100 attendees of each demonstration. They'd be lucky if one in 100 purchased one. Fact is the market for TOTL arranger keyboards is minute. Even more so once the price is beyond $3k. At $5k and beyond you've narrowed the field to such a small niche that only a few people will buy it. Even TOTL workstations which have a much broader market don't sell in huge numbers. We're not talking hundreds of thousands of units, a runaway hit would be in the tens of thousands.

As proof see spaldings story

The market for these totl arrangers is totally different overhere in europe then in the us.

Keep also in mind that most of the potential buyers come from an organ background, which makes adding 2k € for a new system not such a big ammount.

Even buying a new one for 4k is for most of these people affordable.

#377156 - 12/05/13 01:26 AM Re: Baartmans on T5 [Re: Bachus]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Bachus

see PM

#377161 - 12/05/13 02:31 AM Re: Baartmans on T5 [Re: Bachus]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I consider Baartmans the best demonstrator Yamaha has (Voncken to me is more an entertainer) and I really admire his musicianship; however here he made an awful joke about fagotto/faggots... but the audience apparently liked it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online