SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#373621 - 10/27/13 09:42 AM "Blown away"
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Just doesn't happen to me...Impressed...maybe...or at least, a good impression.. smile

Really how can you get excited in a Tyros5 compared to the Tyros4?...baby step improvements..we are living in a hyped up world grin

I would rather read about features or sounds that "impress" us on our instruments....instead our search for the next "real" winner, that will blow us away....it's not going to happen..

I can understand excitement, when we find sounds that inspire us, or features that make performance exciting..

Here are a few items that are on my impressed list (not blown away list)..

Key feel on the Korg PA900..when compared to the previous Korg models, how can you not be pleased with the new keybed..

Drum kits on the Roland BK series...great kits on a value priced instrument..I wish I had some of these kits on my G70, I can't imagine how you Yamaha folks feel smile

SRX sound cards (Roland)..The best selection of Roland sounds ...I wish I had 8 slots on my G70 for a super library of sounds.

Audio instruments on the Audya...just comparing the midi drums and guitars to the audio drums and guitars on the same instrument...should impress you smile

Yamaha's interchanging style parts with SMF parts, I have always liked this concept....unfortunately, it was a necessity with that annoying hand clap in GM kits.. grin

So , are you going to be "blown away" by a new model..or do you have an "impressed" list like I...

#373623 - 10/27/13 10:57 AM Re: "Blown away" [Re: Fran Carango]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm impressed that you are "impressed", Fran.

I feel much the same way. Most arrangers made recently are evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

Of course, companies want to make each new product more desirable, but they also do not want to lose their established type of user.

I believe that's why we see progress in steps rather than leaps.

Ian

#373627 - 10/27/13 12:43 PM Re: "Blown away" [Re: Fran Carango]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
No one has seen or heard one yet - so what's this thread about, anyway?

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#373630 - 10/27/13 12:50 PM Re: "Blown away" [Re: Fran Carango]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
There is info thats says we are getting blown away
so i just would stay tuned before you say annything
and i realy hope for it and i also believe in it
because yamaha did that with the T4 and when they wil come with the T5 they wil do so again because they know its expected from them so they wil not fail in that you can be sure of that

Fran you say Baby step inprovements do you realy think they are nuts over there by yamaha or what :)))
O and btw the Drumkits are all revised and there wil be lots of audio stuff and that is precisely what the T4 Needed
So i am verry excited maby not about the look how the kb wil look but certainly how it wil sound

I think it wil be breathtaking !!

15 days left then its @ll Revealed so smile

Greetz Rico wave

#373631 - 10/27/13 01:04 PM Re: "Blown away" [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

The thread is in response to a quote "Be prepared to be blown away" smile

and another quote "Yamaha's baby steps"

The first quote will never happen...and the second quote is a proven fact.. grin

I think it is to a point...as long as there is a new Tyros anything...it will be a repackage...at least change the name smile

The thread is not a knock...I figured others would mention their positive impressions..rather than "blown away" nonsense..

#373632 - 10/27/13 01:11 PM Re: "Blown away" [Re: Fran Carango]
KeyBTyros Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
My Friend whatever they wil do they wil blow us away because they know when they dont they wil have a big problem

Btw I spoke to 3 people who where in spain and they where verry impressed so thats sounds verry interesting :)))

and also they didnt reveal annything to me because i didnt want to know because i want to be shocked when i find out myself what that thing can do lolll :)))

greetz Rico wave

#373633 - 10/27/13 01:13 PM Re: "Blown away" [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
No one has seen or heard one yet - so what's this thread about, anyway?

Gary cool

#373638 - 10/27/13 01:30 PM Re: "Blown away" [Re: KeyBTyros]
Fran Carango Offline

[quote=KeyBTyros]My Friend whatever they wil do they wil blow us away because they know when they dont they wil have a big problem

Btw I spoke to 3 people who where in spain and they where verry impressed so thats sounds verry interesting :)))

and also they didnt reveal annything to me because i didnt want to know because i want to be shocked when i find out myself what that thing can do lolll :)))

Rico, that's what I am saying..."Impressed" is the word... smile

Edited by Fran Carango (10/27/13 01:31 PM)

#373640 - 10/27/13 01:36 PM Re: "Blown away" [Re: Fran Carango]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The terms "baby steps", and "repackaging" are just too vague.

By discussing our amateur views on any mega company's long standing and very successful professional marketing strategy, what do we hope to accomplish?

Would Korg or Yamaha change or review their extremely well researched product development/release policies because some of us here think we have a better way, or do not agree with how these companies operate?

This should be fun.

Ian

#373641 - 10/27/13 01:59 PM Re: "Blown away" [Re: Fran Carango]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fran, I gotta tell ya. I'm really blown away with the way the S-950 sounds, and I wasn't really prepared to be blown away at all. As for baby steps, well, lets see, people asked for a multitude of things, and damned near all of their requests have been answered.

For example, people asked for more keys - preferably 76 - Yamaha produced the T5 76

People asked for a better vocal harmonizer - They did that too.

Players asked for hotter, more realistic sounding drum kits - they got em.

A lot of folks thought the keyboard should be black - The S-950 is definitely black.

A lot of arrangers had lousy displays - Yamaha stepped up to the plate and provided a fantastic display.

Players wanted realistic guitar, sax, horn and brass sounds - Yamaha hit a home run with this one.

Home players wanted a better onboard sound system - They got it with the S-950.

People complained that the MFD (Music Finder Directory) only was able access onboard styles - Yamaha again stepped up to the plate and provided the ability to access files from any USB source as well.

Old farts like me wanted a lightweight package, an arranger that weighed less than 30 pounds - Yep, they accomplished that with both the S-950 and T5.

Both home a pro players wanted an onboard player that would allow them to play .WAV and midi files directly from the keyboard. Well, not only did they provide a player, but they also provided an outstanding, user friendly recording system as well.

The list of new and exciting features is almost endless, the learning curve will be fairly steep for some, but the rewards are fantastic. At least this has been the case with every Yamaha arranger keyboard I've ever owned or encountered.

So, Fran, Diki, and anyone else that considers the above "baby steps" might want to reconsider. If these are baby steps, then Yamaha should be applauded for their baby steps, plus the time and effort to respond to their customer base requests. From MY perspective, they've done an incredible job in providing consumers with a fantastic product over these many, many years. And, while they, like all manufacturers, have experienced some technical problems, they have stepped up to the plate and provided outstanding service to their customers to rectify those problems, often at little or no cost to the customer and in some instances, even when the product was out of warranty.

If you recall, a few years ago Steve Demming posted a thread requesting members of this forum to provide Yamaha with a series of wants and needs for upcoming arranger keyboards. The list was pretty darned extensive, and not everyone got everything they wanted. For the most part, though, all of those requests were put in place to some degree. And, every two years, Yamaha comes out with something new, and quite often exciting. How many other manufacturers come out with a new arranger every two years? How many other manufacturers provide the same, worldwide customer service that Yamaha provides? Has any other manufacturer posted a request for user comments, and then provided those individuals with a product based upon those requests?

Yeah, I love my Yammies, but keep in mind that I've also owned Korg, Roland and a few others during the past 20 or so years. They were all pretty good at the time, but none have Yamaha's outstanding track record in this industry - NONE!

When the T5 does arrive on the scene, I suspect it will have many more of the features requested by consumers during the past couple years, touch screen, different keybed feel, hotter drum kits, etc... I'm fairly confident it will do more than the average player could possibly imagine, or has the technical expertise to do. I'm sure it will provide players with things they've never dreamed of, and produce some fantastic music for a large number of pro and amateur players alike. Sure there will be some individuals that refuse to say anything good about the product, but we've heard all that in the past from the same people.

I'm probably not going to purchase a new T5. In my case the reason is I'm rapidly approaching the end of my musical playing career. My voice is still holding up quite well, but asbestos has taken a nasty toll on my lungs, so that, along with advancing age, will soon make it physically impossible for me to continue. I hope I can get another couple years out of this old, outdated body and maybe make another long sailing voyage down to the Dry Tortugas and Bahamas on my boat.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (10/27/13 02:06 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online