SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#372637 - 10/04/13 08:31 AM Gary's a class act...!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary showed a lot of class in a recent post when he commented that he may not be the hottest keyboard player around.

But that doesn't keep him from being "one of the hardest working men in show business".

It takes a man to realize where he is in life and make the best of it.

As an older member here, he is certainly one of the busiest, and still has time to help people out with the technical end of things.

The ability to entertain is where Gary shines. I'm probably a better player, but not 1/10th the entertainer.

The lesson for all of use here is to realize where we are and spend our lives "working on it".

"Man, I wish I had a GREAT BIG BOAT"!

Be well, Gary. Thanks for being here.

Russ

#372639 - 10/04/13 09:17 AM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: captain Russ]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I enjoy your posts Russ -- most are just right on.

John C.

#372641 - 10/04/13 10:06 AM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: captain Russ]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Gary is an awesome fellow! He helped me out so many times with tech advice, styles, and tips about this crazy business. He is my inspiration. I hope I have a much enthusiasm for life and music as Gary does when (or if) I reach his age.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#372643 - 10/04/13 10:22 AM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: captain Russ]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Great post, Russ...and spot on!

Ian

#372644 - 10/04/13 10:57 AM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: ianmcnll]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Ditto....Gary rocks !! keys

#372674 - 10/05/13 07:22 AM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: mdorantes]
Dnj Offline

Gary clap

#372675 - 10/05/13 08:16 AM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: Dnj]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Gary's personality and style, should be what every person strives for.

Musician or not !!!!

Proud to call him a friend....

Ron

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#372677 - 10/05/13 12:14 PM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: captain Russ]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Florida loves him...From the Treasure Coast to the Keys.
Eddie

#372715 - 10/06/13 06:13 PM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks for the complements everyone. I just returned from cruising the Chesapeake Bay's upper reaches on my sailboat for the past four days with my wife. She wasn't sure she could physically handle the trip, but she came through with flying colors.

Of course, the secret to making this trip successful was to cook her breakfast every morning, fix her drinks, cook supper every night, and find neat anchorages where we were out of the weather and comfortable. Those starlit nights were just wonderful while sitting in the boat's cockpit and sipping our favorite beverages. The boat is pretty comfortable, and I made it a bit more comfortable for her by purchasing a special, air mattress that fit perfectly in the dinette bunk area. Yep, I even made her bed for her every night of the trip.

The sailing was great, the weather couldn't have been any better, and I have another open slot next weekend, so I hope to have a repeat performance. After that, though, the schedule is booked solid through the end of the year. Some days you wonder how much longer you can last, but this is something none of us ever really know - which is somewhat scary. We had the opportunity to meet up with my son and his new girlfriend, who is a drop-dead, gorgeous lady who is a professor in a local university. She is originally from England, has a charming British accent, and looks like she in only in her 20s, though she is much older. When she watched me scamper up to the main deck and hoist the boat's main sail, she said "Wow! You are incredibly agile and I was amazed at how easily you hauled up that immense sail." Love those kind of complements from relatively young gals. Later that day I had her sailing the boat while I prepared some snacks in the galley below decks.

Russ, the boat's really not that big, but it is comfortable and you are always welcome aboard anytime you are in this part of the world. And, I sincerely wish to thank you for initiating this thread in my behalf.

Thanks again,

Gary (The old sailor)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#372766 - 10/08/13 01:00 PM Re: Gary's a class act...! [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary, the only boating I have ever enjoyed is sailing, and "landlocked" Kentucky is about the worst place in the world for it. There's Cave run Lake, a long, very narrow piece of water an hour away that is tree lined on both shores...that's about it.

I enjoyed myself when my dad was stationed in Maine, Michigan, close to the great lakes, Mississippi, Ocean Springs/Biloxi. A friend of my dad's would take me sailing in Mississippi, and I always wanted my own boat.

Won't happen in Kentucky, but am crazy about the state for many other reasons.

And no need to thank me for simply saying the obvious.

Be well,

Russ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online