SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#370199 - 08/10/13 03:40 AM Voicelive Touch 2 and a Pa600
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
A very quick recording using a Voicelive Touch 2 and the Pa600.

Regards

Col

Attachments
Bye Bye Love.mp3 (82 downloads)

#370205 - 08/10/13 06:16 AM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 and a Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
...now, you're just teasing me!
smile
(I may have to go the same route with my 900 ... haha)

#370226 - 08/10/13 09:14 AM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 and a Pa600 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Saswick Offline

Hi Dave

The only problem I found with using the external VH is sending a transpose message from the keyboard to the VH. On all previous Korg keyboards and also on the current ones, according to the manual, if you set the appropriate midi out channel to "Chord" this allows the transpose to work even if the channel is muted.

On the Pa600 this does not work.

The only way to reliably send transposed midi messages is to lock the lower voice to prevent any style muting it then the transpose system works.

I reported this to Korg ages ago and was assured it would be fixed on the upgrade, sad to say it is still the same.

I now send the headphone output from the Pa600 into the "Aux" input on the the Voicelive Touch so I am no longer dependant on the "Midi" signal. This is the method used if you were singing to an audio backing track. (Thank you TC Helicon)

I am a great fan of your style of using the VH, in particular the Jazz standards. Unfortunately my playing and singing is not up to your standard so I have to make do with simpler numbers.

Quick point: on Bye Bye Love I panned the lead voice partly to one side and the harmony (one voice 1/3 up) to the other. I thought it gave more distinctive separation, also the Bass and Drums were from a Roland XV2020 which I have just acquired.

Kind Regards

Col

#370236 - 08/10/13 10:58 AM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 and a Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Col, great recording - a note though: the main vocal, the lead, should always be centered and slightly louder than the harmony. Other than that, very nice work.

#370238 - 08/10/13 11:00 AM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 and a Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Col... great points, and I often wondered about just sending the complete signal to the TC instead of using midi, but I think I may "confuse" it with the way I play ... still, worth a try.
The VLT2 sure is easy to get used to - sound AMAZING compared to the internal drek that lives in the 900.

#370244 - 08/10/13 11:37 AM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 and a Pa600 [Re: adimatis]
Saswick Offline

Hi Adimatis

Originally Posted By: adimatis
Col, great recording - a note though: the main vocal, the lead, should always be centered and slightly louder than the harmony. Other than that, very nice work.

Thanks for the comment.

I was trying to create a sound similar to the Everly Bros hence the panning and the volume.

Dave: As you say the VoiceLive Touch 2 is a great piece of kit much easier to use than the old model, hope the "Aux" input works for you.

Kind Regards

Col

#370245 - 08/10/13 11:45 AM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 and a Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Col great job,....but please try to balance the music ratio vs the vocals as they tend to overpower the mix and be too out front.,.....
remember you want to "SIT IN THE MIX" but I see your on your way to success with every peformance!!

#370253 - 08/10/13 01:44 PM Re: Voicelive Touch 2 and a Pa600 [Re: Saswick]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I think that's was your best vocal performance that you posted here Col. I enjoyed it and I'll be adding that tune to my list of songs I'd like to learn.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online