SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Apple Inc is investigating an accident in which a Chinese woman was killed by an electric shock when answering a call on her iPhone 5 while it was charging, the U.S. technology company said on Monday.

Last Thursday, Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old woman from China's western Xinjiang region and a flight attendant with China Southern Airlines, was electrocuted when she took a call on the charging mobile telephone, the official Xinhua news agency quoted police as saying on Sunday.

Apple declined to comment on details, such as whether this was an isolated case.

Ma's sister tweeted on Sina's microblog saying that Ma collapsed and died after using her charging iPhone 5 and urged users to be careful, a message that went viral on the site.

In April, Apple apologized to Chinese consumers and altered iPhone warranty policies in its second-biggest market after its after-sales service suffered after more than two weeks of condemnation by the state-run media.

Moral of the story? You might want to forgo buying an iPhone. Roland BK-9 owners uing an iPad with the BK-9 should also make sure everything is grounded correctly. If it can happen to someone using an iPhone 5 who's to say it couldn't happen to BK-9 owners using an iPad/2/3/4? eek Another moral to the story is once you've given money to Apple they have a tendency to shine you on. Case in point...

Chinese media outlets bashed the world's largest technology corporation for its "arrogance, inattentiveness and indifference" to consumer feedback. And now you can understand why I don't care for Apple Inc. or their products. Apple is run almost like a cult, in my opinion, yet it continues to have a huge cult-like following. To each his own I reckon.

If you dare to bash Apple products - like me wave some Apple users will come unglued. The products Apple sells are way over-priced in my opinion and their customer service basically stinks if you ask me. It is a proprietary based system that is severely limiting and in some cases cost prohibitive. Apple charges a premium for warranties and upgrades and the latest generation of MacBook Pros have the memory soldered to the motherboard, the battery is glued to the case, which in turn is glued to the “delicate trackpad cable.” It has special screws designed to discourage people from opening up the case. Why would Apple do this? One obvious reason is price discrimination. You have to rely on Apple for replacement parts, upgrades and service and by doing so they can charge an arm and a leg since you basically have no other option.

Apple Inc. has received widespread criticism over the years for the alleged use of sweatshop labor, environmental destruction, and unethical business practices. Additionally, it has been criticized for past behavior of suing before first gathering all the facts necessary to pursue a legitimate lawsuit. In my opinion Apple Inc. is mainly concerned about money and as the Good Book says: "the love of money is the root of all evil."

In conclusion, Apple products could also be hazardous to your health. Case in point, that poor gal in China who ended up dead because of her iPhone 5. If you use Apple products use them with extreme caution. That includes iPad owners hooking them up to the BK-9. eek2

All the best, Mike