SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#368474 - 07/02/13 10:30 PM Midjay controller
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
Can somebody recommends a good 61 key controller for Midjay that the buttons can be program for style controls like intros, fills, variations, program change and sliders to control volume of style sections such as drums, bass and rhythms (similar to Audya)? I need a specific brand and model. I've tried several controllers but limited in programability.

Appreciate any recommendation.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#368486 - 07/03/13 07:58 AM Re: Midjay controller [Re: synerjim]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I bought Don Mason's Midjay a few years ago. He included an Endrol controller he liked.

Sadly, I've never used the Midjay, but Don could probably help with the selection of a controller that would work.

R.

#368492 - 07/03/13 11:02 AM Re: Midjay controller [Re: synerjim]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: synerjim
Can somebody recommends a good 61 key controller for Midjay that the buttons can be program for style controls like intros, fills, variations, program change and sliders to control volume of style sections such as drums, bass and rhythms (similar to Audya)? I need a specific brand and model. I've tried several controllers but limited in programability.

Appreciate any recommendation.

I just shopped around for a good 61 key controller..and decided to purchase the Roland A-800 PRO..

#368497 - 07/03/13 01:46 PM Re: Midjay controller [Re: synerjim]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Might be best to hold off on the recommendation until you find out what you can and can't control from it, though.

Most of the issues will revolve around whether the Midjay uses regular controller CC numbers and program changes, etc., or whether a bunch of the more advanced stuff is sys-ex. Yamaha, for example, use a LOT of sys-ex for their controller control codes, and the job of programming that is far greater than setting up simple CC codes.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online