SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#367062 - 06/03/13 02:35 AM KORG styles galore
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Through the Korg forum I was directed to an offer on Ebay by someone in Australia (guess it won't be you Dennis...) who offers a most interesting (to say the least) collection of Korg PA styles that should play in virtually all PA arrangers. I loadede them into my PA800 and was pleasantly surprised. there is some really good stuff there. I have only skimmed the surface so far but can warmly recommend it to any Korg player.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premium-styles-for-Korg-PA500-PA588-PA800-PA2X-PA3X-/221232719487

While going thru them I hit upon a style called Vocal Pop which instantaneously prompted me to the following improvisation, mind you the right hand sounds are from my Yamaha PSR-750:
https://www.box.com/s/uthgyowwzf8yrichsasg

Which leads me to a final observation, slightly off-topic here admittedly, but I have just purchased a secondhand Roland BK-7m module to compliment my Korg PA800 and Yamaha PSR750.
All three of them would also have allowed me ( but just barely) the single acquisition of either a tyros 4 or the PA3X, go figure...............

regards,
John

#367178 - 06/05/13 02:27 PM Re: KORG styles galore [Re: john smies]
zuki Offline

I bought them too. Styles galore?? I counted about 12 maybe.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#367179 - 06/05/13 03:07 PM Re: KORG styles galore [Re: zuki]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Zuki,
do you mean there are only approx. 12 that are worth using?
or only 12 that are suitable for your style of music.

Originally Posted By: zuki
I bought them too. Styles galore?? I counted about 12 maybe.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#367186 - 06/05/13 07:04 PM Re: KORG styles galore [Re: rikkisbears]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Zuki, knowing John there must be some error.
When he says Styles Galore that is what you should find.

John C.

#367196 - 06/05/13 09:37 PM Re: KORG styles galore [Re: john smies]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
John, I think the three arrangers offer a MUCH wider palate of sounds than you would get from any ONE TOTL arranger.

Plus the ability to play three different style formats natively.

That seems a much better idea than getting stuck with one set of sounds and one set of styles...

#367200 - 06/05/13 10:56 PM Re: KORG styles galore [Re: Diki]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: Diki
John, I think the three arrangers offer a MUCH wider palate of sounds than you would get from any ONE TOTL arranger.

Plus the ability to play three different style formats natively.

That seems a much better idea than getting stuck with one set of sounds and one set of styles...

Definitely. Though I am disenchanted with the BK-7m. Not so much the sound/style, but I am a programming guy as you all know and this contraption is an absolute pain in the butt to programm. So unless Diki or someone else can provide me with some worthwhile Performances (user programs) it will be a goner before you can say "booh "........

Zuki,
I have no idea what you are talking about. This package from the guy in Australia holds more than 500 styles, many of which even have STS settings. Without a doubt there will be a bunch staunch Korg players may already have ( like me) but it is still a very worthwhile and minor investment.

regards,
John

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online