SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#366497 - 05/20/13 07:34 AM Over The Rainbow - great rendition...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#366504 - 05/20/13 10:17 AM Re: Over The Rainbow - great rendition... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
One of my better pupils.
smile
DonM

#366510 - 05/20/13 11:44 AM Re: Over The Rainbow - great rendition... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Who cares I wanna see Gary do the song...!!!! Lololol

#366511 - 05/20/13 12:18 PM Re: Over The Rainbow - great rendition... [Re: travlin'easy]
billyhank Offline

Yes in deed!
Tommy just keeps getting better.
Reminds me of another very good guitarist back in the 50's and 60's called Tony Mottola. He worked a lot of the TV show's and wrote many of the theme songs for various series - one in particular was for a Black & White series called "Danger" directed by Yul Brynner and the name of the song was Pelegro Bossa which became famous among all the guitarist of the time for the "Danger Chord", which was strummed at the moment the character on screen had a knife stuck in his back! The characters were just shadows.

Very old bit of trivia that!

Bill G

#366516 - 05/20/13 01:37 PM Re: Over The Rainbow - great rendition... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny,

C'mon down - I'll be more than happy to do the song for you. Might even post of video of me doing it. It's my favorite song of all time, and yes, I fell in love with Dorothy when I was 5 years old and saw the movie Wizard Of Oz for the first time. Bet I've watched in 20 times since then, and still love it. I guess that's why I get so emotional when my daughter performed it for me when I was recovering from eye surgery.

Over The Rainbow

Gary cool

#366524 - 05/20/13 03:56 PM Re: Over The Rainbow - great rendition... [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Donny,

C'mon down - I'll be more than happy to do the song for you. Might even post of video of me doing it. It's my favorite song of all time, and yes, I fell in love with Dorothy when I was 5 years old and saw the movie Wizard Of Oz for the first time. Bet I've watched in 20 times since then, and still love it. I guess that's why I get so emotional when my daughter performed it for me when I was recovering from eye surgery.

Over The Rainbow

Gary cool

Hmmmmm?....I hope that invite includes some of your great BBQ steaks and kickapoo joy juice like last time we visited.....I'll be in touch. wink

#366527 - 05/20/13 05:21 PM Re: Over The Rainbow - great rendition... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

No problemo!

#366529 - 05/20/13 06:08 PM Re: Over The Rainbow - great rendition... [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm in the middle of updating my website, and Rainbow happens to be one of the songs I put up there. Kinda wish I hadn't after hearing this version.
Anyway there are some new ones, and I'm uploading some videos right now.
www.donmasonmusic.com

DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online