SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#365966 - 05/03/13 06:14 PM OT: YOU TUBE
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Didn't want to hi-jack Bill -Semi-Live - thread, but sometimes you tube vids will start to load and play and then stop until the 'loading' catches up ... I guess it has to do with the 'buffering' ??? ... is there a fix for this, because when it happens it is a PITA!!! mad

Edited by tony mads usa (05/03/13 06:14 PM)

#365969 - 05/03/13 07:22 PM Re: OT: YOU TUBE [Re: tony mads usa]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Tony,
the only fix is to have a very fast internet connection.
Deane

#365970 - 05/03/13 07:32 PM Re: OT: YOU TUBE [Re: tony mads usa]
tnicoson Offline

Loc: Chicago area - USA
Tony

I feel your pain, man ! I am very rural (no cable), so I have a satellite connection, which is, by its nature, horrifically s-l-o-w. I usually just download any videos with the Real Player Flash downloader and then watch them without interruption. On top of this, I have a 250 Mb per day download limit, so I have to do most of my video downloads during the 2 AM to 7 AM "free period", and that makes for some long nights and short days.

Edited by tnicoson (05/03/13 07:33 PM)

#365971 - 05/03/13 07:40 PM Re: OT: YOU TUBE [Re: tnicoson]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It helps to change the video resolution to a lower number.
DonM

#365978 - 05/04/13 10:17 AM Re: OT: YOU TUBE [Re: tony mads usa]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
There are many things that can cause choppy video, buffering, etc. A fast internet connection is the best medicine for eliminating buffer and choppy video but there are other things that can also help. As Don mentioned a lower screen resolution can help and believe it or not defragmenting your hard drive and also cleaning out your browser cache can also be helpful Tony. Sometimes just switching browsers can alleviate certain problems. Google Chrome has recent known problems that affect audio within video. I think the latest version of Chrome has basically fixed the anomaly though.

Tony, make sure you also have (and use) a computer diagnostic program once in a while to rid your computer hard drive and registry of potential problems or possible conflicts. Glary Utilities *free* is a good choice and Advanced SystemCare *free* is another good program. CCleaner gets rid of junk files and of course you want an anti-virus program that doesn't bog down your computer and/or internet. Microsoft Security Essentials is a fairly compact anti-virus program that does a good job of catching viruses and won't slow your computer down. Auslogic's *free* Disk DeFrag program includes a disk optimization feature. Before you launch defragmentation, it is a good idea to check your disks for errors. Whenever a disk has errors, there is a risk that data may get corrupted during defragmentation. By checking for errors and fixing any errors that are found, you ensure that no data will get lost or corrupted when you launch defragmentation. Open the Auslogic Disk Defrag program and on the top left choose Action/Advanced/Check Selected. It will launch Microsoft's Chkdsk.exe within a command prompt. Let it run and if there are problem(s) found then go to Action/Advanced and choose 'Check & Correct Selected.' You will need to restart the computer in order for Chkdsk to start on boot up and it should fix any problem(s) it found on the initial scan.

Dinosaur computers ready for the Smithsonian can also be a "bottleneck" for speedy internet, let alone, speedy anything. If your computer is still running a low end AMD (Advanced Micro Devices) processor or an ancient Intel processor e.g. an earlier Celeron, etc. - especially in conjunction with a lower RPM spinning hard drive - you might want to do yourself a favor and fork over some dough for something that brings you into the 21st Century. That's not to say that's the case in your situation but I'm just checking bases with you in order to help you achieve a satisfactory resolution to your particular problem. Buffering and/or choppy video can be a real discouragement which you have already discovered. frown

Taking an internet speed test can also determine if your Internet service provider (ISP) is giving you sufficient bang for your buck. To give you an example I have Cox internet in southern California and I'm getting 26.51 Mbps download and 5.23 Mbps upload speeds in a test I did just a few minutes ago. If you're getting a third of that, or less, it's probably time to upgrade to a higher tier or choose a different provider that will give you the ability to meet your internet needs. In other words, you might have to dump your current provider if they can't meet your criteria for a smooth internet experience. wink http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

All the best, Mike

PS: If you already have a cutting edge computer plus a capable ISP with sufficient internet speeds then the other things I mentioned could prove valuable to help eliminate the buffering and/or choppy video. I hope you get it ironed out soon Tony. Keep enjoying your Korg Pa-600 by the way. You originally stated some of sounds had sounded kinda thin. Possibly adjusting the EQ settings has resolved the issue? I've listened to newer demos of Pa-600 and a lot of them sound really good. For $1,000 you can't expect the proverbial 'bees knees' but I doubt there is a better sounding arranger in that price range with the exception of perhaps the Yamaha PSR-s750, which also sounds really good. But the Pa-600 has a lot more user memory plus a nice readable touch screen and also a $100 smaller price tag than the PSR-s750. Making the Pa-600 a true bargain. Guitar Center keeps pushing back the date when they'll get them in. But when they do I'll be sure it give it a good workout and may end up buying one.

One thing I disliked about my short-lived PSR-s950 purchase was the fact that certain midi files conflicted with certain Mega voice(s) causing a disrupted sound during playback. In other words, the Mega voices used during playback (without any editing) "acted up" when using certain midi files which essentially made that particular midi file useless as the result of the weird sound disruption(s) during playback that were being caused by the Mega voice(s). That's one negative aspect of Yammie's Mega voice technology and Yamaha should invest in some R&D to find a practical solution to the problem. On the other hand, Korg's Enhanced RX (Real eXperience) and DNC (Defined Nuance Control) features and sound engine don't cause such conflicts if I'm not mistaken. Which is another reason to seriously consider the Pa-600 as opposed to the Yammie. To each his own of course. There are many good reasons to purchase an s750/s950 and it's obviously up to the individual. Okay, okay, I'll shut up now. Have a good weekend everyone!

#365981 - 05/04/13 11:32 AM Re: OT: YOU TUBE [Re: tony mads usa]
billyhank Offline

I'm on cable and also have DSL.
The cable when I first connected a few years back was very, very fast, but then Time decided to slow it down and offer to give you back the faster speed for extra cash.

And now my DSL is just as fast upload and many times it is even faster and surprisingly I do better on U-Tube with the DSL than with cable. Go figure.

Bill G

#365985 - 05/04/13 01:28 PM Re: OT: YOU TUBE [Re: hammer]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: hammer
Tony,
the only fix is to have a very fast internet connection.
Deane

I am currently running on Verizon FIOS ... I just did their speed test online and registered 43.2 Mbps for D/L and 40 Mbps for upload ... good or no ?!? ...

Don and Mike, thanks for the suggestions ... I will try some of those ...

Mike the Pa600 is performing very nicely thanks keys ... I still think some of the sax and horn sounds on my kn6000 are better, but I am trying to not compare the less than $1000 KORG to my technics which cost me about $3000 in 2002 (?) ... A lot of the sounds in the performance section are so much better, I don't understand why they are not part of the 'standard' sound sets ... confused1 ... the drums are really nice, and I love many of the 'new' styles, especially some of the 'Unplugged' styles ...
I think the guitars and organs are really good - love the Nylon Guitar ...
If the Pa600 is this nice, the Pa3x must really ROCK !!!
Overall I really like the KORG ...

Thanks for asking ... grin
rocker

#365996 - 05/04/13 03:44 PM Re: OT: YOU TUBE [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

Download Advanced System Care Free, and Spybot Free. Run them both and you'll be amazed at how much better your PC will run.

I'll give you a call and provide you with some other information that will likely help solve your speed problem.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#366012 - 05/05/13 03:04 AM Re: OT: YOU TUBE [Re: tony mads usa]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Gary

I ran Spybot and some problems required I run the scan as administrator.

How do I tell them I am one?

#366016 - 05/05/13 06:16 AM Re: OT: YOU TUBE [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bernie,

It should show up when you first boot up the computer and you log in. Then it's just a matter of logging in as Administrator Mode.

PS: Did the plug arrive?

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online