SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#359549 - 01/25/13 09:40 PM Yamaha PSR-S910
firehead Offline

Loc: thornwood, n.y. , usa
Hello - Can anybody help me. I started the night playing a midi-file and then the volume was going up and down. So I shut the keyboard off and it never came back on. I check the power chord and it works with another yamaha keyboard therefore it's not the power chord. It won't come on at all - any suggestions?? Uncle Dave please call me tomorrow at 914-906-1206. Anybody else have any ideas what to do?????? Please help me

#359617 - 01/26/13 04:14 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-S910 [Re: firehead]
SpclEd Offline

Loc: South Central USA
This may be too obvious and I do not know enough about the model but is it possible the DC power input has a fuse somewhere?

Are you using the/a 16-VDC brick (PA-300C or equiv.)? The S910 and a lot of other Yamaha MOTL boards use what I think is a very propriety 16-VDC power.

Just a couple of guesses...

#359623 - 01/26/13 08:00 PM Re: Yamaha PSR-S910 [Re: firehead]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There is no fuse in the power supply circuit, however, there are four diodes in the small board within the keyboard that are part of the power internal segment of the power supply. This PC board can easily be cracked if the power supply plug is inadvertently hit or pushed in a bit off center.

Sorry, this may be one for the Authorized Service Center guys to take a look at. That small PC board is not easy to get to.

Good Luck, Larry, and I'm sorry I could not be of more assistance last night.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online