SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#359288 - 01/23/13 02:11 AM a Technical question...
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi everyone,

Is there a device available that will read the chords played from my guitar (like i.e. Voicelive2) & transmit to my arranger?

I want to use a foot switch for controlling the variations, but I want the guitar to control the chords being played on the arranger.

Kind regards,

Henni

#359294 - 01/23/13 03:16 AM Re: a Technical question... [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Roland GK-Midi Interface

You will also need the pickup

#359299 - 01/23/13 03:47 AM Re: a Technical question... [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Henni Offline

Hi TWD,

Thank you, that's GREAT news - I will investigate.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Edited by Henni (01/23/13 03:48 AM)

#359300 - 01/23/13 04:25 AM Re: a Technical question... [Re: Henni]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hi Henni
I used that set up in the late 80’s; I added a Midi pickup on my guitar which into the interface then into the Midi input of my Yamaha keyboard. My guitar was controlling the left hand of the keyboard, worked great. By changing Midi channels I was able to trigger a solo instrument sound.

I stopped using it because there was no way of playing melody lines, single notes and keep the chord in the left hand of the keyboard going. If I played melody chords; a chord with the melody as the highest note it did control the chords on the keyboard in full piano mode. Too much to think about; I went back to improving my keyboard playing.

John C.

#359302 - 01/23/13 04:44 AM Re: a Technical question... [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Hi John,

The Audya has a function that enables you to play a chord on your guitar, press a pedal to kepp the chord held while you go off and do other stuff on the fret board, release the pedal and play the next chord (you can do it the other way too so you just press the pedal when you want to activate chord mode) neat eh?

#359306 - 01/23/13 05:31 AM Re: a Technical question... [Re: Henni]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi everyone,

Is there a device available that will read the chords played from my guitar (like i.e. Voicelive2) & transmit to my arranger?

Henni

Henni,
I have a midi guitar ... a really good one (Parkey Midifly) and I may be selling it and moving away from the chord control. email me to know more! Its a great guitar, all by itself and no interface is needed to make it control ALL the features (including sounds) of your arranger. Electric, acoustic and synth sounds - all at once, all controlled at the guitar - awesome instrument, but I'm going in a new direction.
Dave

Attachments
Guitar-FlyF.jpg

#359363 - 01/23/13 08:06 PM Re: a Technical question... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

Thank you for all your input. You made me realize that it won't work for me as I pick my guitar with all my fingers and I play many unknown chords in the process. I also change between them too rapidly for the Audya chord hold function to work - never thought about that.

Dave, tx for the offer, but at this stage I'll decline as my whole idea won't work.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#359484 - 01/24/13 06:24 PM Re: a Technical question... [Re: Henni]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Henni,
2 thoughts ... The sustain pedal on the synth will sustain or hold chords for you, right?
2nd, the Parker has 2 modes (3 actually) but the cool thing is that you can trigger 6 successive midi channels or one global channel.
Not sure why changing chords fast wouldn't work ... just wondering?

#359487 - 01/24/13 08:30 PM Re: a Technical question... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Henni Offline

Dave,

As I pick with all fingers. I'll i.e. start running up or down with one finger only. In those cases, I don't play specific guitar chords, I play what sounds nice to me. I've uploaded a mp3 (in my native tongue, only listen to the guitar section) here of an example. Please listen & then you tell me if the guitar would be able to transmit those info accurately as chords to the keyboard. If it can, I will seriously be interested.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Attachments
Hennie - As ek opstaan.mp3 (4 downloads)
Hennie - Touch me.mp3 (1 downloads)

#359488 - 01/24/13 08:59 PM Re: a Technical question... [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Note, these songs are VERY old & completely outdated, but unfortunately the only recordings I have demonstrating my style of guitar playing.

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

Attachments
Hennie - Lord show mercey.mp3 (3 downloads)
Hennie - Blow Holy Spirit.mp3 (1 downloads)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online