very nice left hand work

#359193 - 01/21/13 03:06 PM Re: left hand [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Dnj Offline

Excellent! ....the Audya sounds so "LIVE" and Amazing!!! headphone clap
Thanx for posting this .....I really enjoyed it! clap

#359205 - 01/21/13 04:59 PM Re: left hand [Re: Tonewheeldude]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Wow! I really need to get off the internet and into the practoce room. Thanks for reminding me!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#359212 - 01/21/13 08:07 PM Re: left hand [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
For those of us maybe a bit challenged by the very close in handwork needed to do this kind of fast 16th note work, here's a little tip...

Try splitting your keyboard, and then putting the same sound on both sides. Transpose the lower section up a couple of octaves or so, until in exactly the same range as the RH section. Now you can play comfortably with both hands well apart, but it SOUNDS like they are right on top of each other..!

It's really good for nylon guitar classical stuff like this, but can also be a boon for doing accurate banjo and mandolin work, amongst many others. Not to mention xylophone, marimba, steel drums, and even full kit (so LH/RH repeated notes don't tangle your hands).

Another little tip is to perhaps have the LH sound edited to be just a hair 'darker' or less dynamic than the right (to emulate how downstrokes sound a bit different to upstrokes) and you can even vary the tuning a hair on the RH side - perhaps a custom scale with tiny random sharp amounts to emulate how more force pitches the string up a tad.

Lots of fun to be had, without tangling your fingers!

#359214 - 01/21/13 08:17 PM Re: left hand [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Outstanding clip, BTW...

#359218 - 01/21/13 10:04 PM Re: left hand [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Diki
For those of us maybe a bit challenged by the very close in handwork needed to do this kind of fast 16th note work, here's a little tip...

Try splitting your keyboard, and then putting the same sound on both sides. Transpose the lower section up a couple of octaves or so, until in exactly the same range as the RH section. Now you can play comfortably with both hands well apart, but it SOUNDS like they are right on top of each other..!

It's really good for nylon guitar classical stuff like this, but can also be a boon for doing accurate banjo and mandolin work, amongst many others. Not to mention xylophone, marimba, steel drums, and even full kit (so LH/RH repeated notes don't tangle your hands).

Another little tip is to perhaps have the LH sound edited to be just a hair 'darker' or less dynamic than the right (to emulate how downstrokes sound a bit different to upstrokes) and you can even vary the tuning a hair on the RH side - perhaps a custom scale with tiny random sharp amounts to emulate how more force pitches the string up a tad.

Lots of fun to be had, without tangling your fingers!

No Diki,

You need to grow another pairs hands and then you will only be half as good, if you practice for a 100 years, oh and perhaps a brain transplant rotf2 guitar
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#359219 - 01/21/13 10:08 PM Re: left hand [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
very nice left hand work

TWD, nothing wrong with the right hand either, now why did I sell that Audya, jeez computer
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#359228 - 01/22/13 03:36 AM Re: left hand [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Marcello is an incredible musician and this is a very, very good performance indeed. It is amazing to watch his hands work the keyboard with little or no effort at all....although I am not a fan of Disco'd up Classics and prefer the emotion gained by slowing down a little. If you watch some of his other video's you can see he is also capable of injecting huge amounts of feeling into his music too. Nothing wrong with showing off once and a while though wink

On Guitar, Segovia's version is my favourite but I also really enjoyed Wiktoria Szubelak who is featured after Marcello's video.

#359233 - 01/22/13 06:56 AM Re: left hand [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Dnj Offline

left hand ....Right hand who cares.... The Audya sounds amazing !!

#359240 - 01/22/13 09:08 AM Re: left hand [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
That's what God given talent and hours upon hours of HARD work can produce ... clap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online