SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#350316 - 09/04/12 06:48 AM New Yamaha Premium Styles from late August 2012
Beakybird Offline

#350342 - 09/04/12 11:39 AM Re: New Yamaha Premium Styles from late August 2012 [Re: Beakybird]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I bought the same style's a year ago as songstyles at http://www.d-o-o.de/
Style sugar baby love and Silence is golden.

Copy - Paste ?

Impuls

#350352 - 09/04/12 01:27 PM Re: New Yamaha Premium Styles from late August 2012 [Re: Beakybird]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
This is what worries me about the S950's audio styles. If it takes Yamaha this long to come out with a paltry TWO new styles (which aren't new at all, just bought or licensed from d-o-o) MIDI styles, who honestly thinks that Yamaha are going to churn out AUDIO styles, which are much more complex to produce, at a greater rate?

#350355 - 09/04/12 01:55 PM Re: New Yamaha Premium Styles from late August 2012 [Re: Beakybird]
Dnj Offline

As the kids would say...old people's music..lol

#350360 - 09/04/12 02:22 PM Re: New Yamaha Premium Styles from late August 2012 [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
As the kids would say...old people's music..lol

Can't believe it. I'm agreeing with Donny twice in one year. If that's an example of 'Premium' styles, I'd hate to here what 'standard' styles sound like. These 'styles' (or at least those demos) illustrate everything that is wrong about arranger keyboard playing. If I had to listen to that all night, I know for a fact that I'd kill myself (Donny, don't get any ideas about pumping it into my house smile smile ). Can't believe anybody would shell out thousands of dollars to reproduce THAT. JMO, of course. Of course, if you DO like it, you probably have already reached the age of creeping senility.

Of course I'm saying this all in jest.........I'm really crazy about it.

chas

#350364 - 09/04/12 03:02 PM Re: New Yamaha Premium Styles from late August 2012 [Re: Impuls]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: Impuls
I bought the same style's a year ago as songstyles at http://www.d-o-o.de/
Style sugar baby love and Silence is golden.

Copy - Paste ?

Impuls

The Sugar Baby Love style at d-o-o.de doesn't sound anything like the Yamaha style. The Silence is Golden style sounds a little bit like the Yamaha style but if you listen to them side by side it's obvious that although the styles cover the same song that they are produced differently.

These aren't recycled styles. I like the Yamaha Premium styles. Many of them sound just as good as the styles that are on the keyboard.

#350366 - 09/04/12 03:20 PM Re: New Yamaha Premium Styles from late August 2012 [Re: Beakybird]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
If these are premium styles,than there is really no future for arrangers.How many new rumbas do we really need.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#350368 - 09/04/12 03:37 PM Re: New Yamaha Premium Styles from late August 2012 [Re: Beakybird]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The more you listen to Karma and modern WS arps, the more you realize that arrangers ARE dead. There is no future. They have been deliberately relegated to playing legacy music styles ONLY, and if you want to sound REMOTELY contemporary (within the last 15-20 years!), you are simply going to have to go out and buy a WS.

#350373 - 09/04/12 04:02 PM Re: New Yamaha Premium Styles from late August 2012 [Re: Beakybird]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Beakybird

These aren't recycled styles. I like the Yamaha Premium styles. Many of them sound just as good as the styles that are on the keyboard.

I like the Premium Styles too...especially with the Tyros4 and it's ability to use SA/SA2 Voices in the styles.

Most of my clients, as registered users, receive info on the latest Premium Styles via email, but it is also good to see the demo links posted here as well.

Both these styles will also be great starting points for making more styles (using Style Creator/Assembly), or one can change their character by re-voicing the parts, and yes, I agree they sound every bit as good as the on-board styles.

Ian

PS...I find the Premium Styles much better balanced than the DOO Styles.

#350374 - 09/04/12 04:08 PM Re: New Yamaha Premium Styles from late August 2012 [Re: Beakybird]
jazzhooves Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I agree with Ian, The yamaha styles are slicker and better balanced. The Doo styles are like a nutter hammering shit out of a set of drums - HEAVY!! TOO HEAVY. I have emailed them in the past. Their styles always sound robotic, where the yamaha ones sound more natural.

HELLO IAN by the way.

Leigh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online