SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#345104 - 05/26/12 11:41 PM BK7m used for 1 hour senior gig video
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZjIzNQR8sQ&list=PLA7A522D392457BBD&feature=view_all

That module sounds pretty good really. Funny haven't heard much about anybody using it lately. Although I do remember a bunch had sold theirs.

I think a microarranger and a bk7m would be a heck of a combination for some.

Edited by Scott Langholff (05/26/12 11:42 PM)

#345106 - 05/27/12 07:09 AM Re: BK7m used for 1 hour senior gig video [Re: Scott Langholff]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
It also nice to hear a OWB (one women band)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#345118 - 05/27/12 04:48 PM Re: BK7m used for 1 hour senior gig video [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... gotta LOVE the accordion !!! ... dance

#345139 - 05/29/12 05:19 AM Re: BK7m used for 1 hour senior gig video [Re: tony mads usa]
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
... gotta LOVE the accordion !!! ... dance

As an "acoustic" accordionist, I find it difficult to accept

that the Roland digital "accordion" can be described as an

accordion, in the real sense of the word. Yes it is an ingenious

invention and has very high quality sounds. I think it is a

betrayal of the real accordion which is made with wood, steel

reeds,bellows and with great craftsmanship and a lot of love.

I do have midi fitted to my accordion and it does facilitate

instant backing if I want to do solo gigs. I still somehow

feel "unclean" about electonics invading my lovely accordion.

I do however, feel a bit better now, having had my long overdue rant about

electronic reedless accordions.

Frank

#345140 - 05/29/12 06:00 AM Re: BK7m used for 1 hour senior gig video [Re: Mockie]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Good Frank it’s nice to know how you feel about an accordion. I do not play one but I dislike how parts of the world have put the instrument in a corner. There are some types of music that sound the best on an accordion where all other instruments fall short.

I am interested in your statement, “real accordion which is made with wood, steel reeds,bellows and with great craftsmanship and a lot of love.” Since I do not play accordion and cannot relate would go further into your love for the instrument?

John C.

#345145 - 05/29/12 10:45 AM Re: BK7m used for 1 hour senior gig video [Re: bruno123]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Hi.Have you played Roland accordion?
Last model fr7x and fr3x are great instrumets.I would not use it in the studio but for playing live it's great.No mic feedback.For Balkan music (where I come from)accordion is still number one instrument for folk music.
And I will never play keyboard thr way I play accordion.It's totallu different feeling of playing.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#345146 - 05/29/12 11:16 AM Re: BK7m used for 1 hour senior gig video [Re: Scott Langholff]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I have played the FR-7 … the sounds are synthesized and therefore, to me, sound artificial, especially the accordion sounds. I couldn’t get the feel for the bellows, important to me for dynamics and expression. I was told that with time, one could achieve the same dynamic expression with the Roland but …
I would be most interested in hearing from those who have used both, the BK7m and the Midjay or Midjay Plus. IMHO, the Midjay accompaniment, styles and midi files, sound more alive and realistic then the Roland. How do others feel about this?

#345170 - 05/30/12 06:35 AM Re: BK7m used for 1 hour senior gig video [Re: Jerry T]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I have played solton/Ketrons with my midi accordion starting with the ms40 up to the sd3. I currently use an sd2 (with my band) controlled with my onboard Totter midi on my accordion. I always use the acoustic sounds with various orchestral instrument sounds but never use the electronic accordion sounds. The acoustic sounds better and using a programmed accordion sound takes away the room for another instrument sound when layering. I have demo'd the bk-7 m and it is not bad. The strings are weak, guitars good. Nobody beats Ketron for their blowsax sound. But the rhythms are good and LOVE the size. I have always wonderered if a midjay can give you enough styles to "shrink" down from the sd3 module I use for singles.

#345171 - 05/30/12 06:39 AM Re: BK7m used for 1 hour senior gig video [Re: sparky589]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
The BK-7 m has far fewer available presets (for registrations) than the Ketron products. OF course the Audya 4 is terrific but it's as big as my dining room table....why can't ketron fit everything into a smaller package instead of getting larger with each series? The sd3 was slightly smaller than the x and xd series but the Audya went the other way.

Edited by sparky589 (05/30/12 06:54 AM)

#345177 - 05/30/12 08:51 AM Re: BK7m used for 1 hour senior gig video [Re: sparky589]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I had (have) a SANO accordion, wood, steel reeds, bellows, and a double tone chamber ... internal mics for amplification through a SANO amp ... BEAUTIFUL sound ...
a friend of mine had the same set up ... went to see him at a gig and he used very 'treble' settings ... sounded tinny ... he asked me to sit in and I changed the settings to what I used ... he told me how great it sounded and asked if it sounded that way when he played ... I said it would if he kept the settings as I had them ... two songs later he was back to his tinny sound ... to each his own ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online