SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#343383 - 04/09/12 02:24 PM Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I recorded these today using the mic on my Zoom H2. The recordings are not wonderful but I think you can hear the KMA well enough - so here they are.
The venue is one I do gratis - most of the residents are on their way to hospice and many can't speak or move about without help. Not much reaction from them but you can tell they are listening. I play two of these places and always feel blessed when I leave.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/lSpVwSVc/KMA_Gig_Recordings.html

Deane

Attachments
2.jpg

Edited by hammer (04/09/12 02:35 PM)

#343401 - 04/09/12 06:51 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: hammer
I recorded these today using the mic on my Zoom H2. The recordings are not wonderful but I think you can hear the KMA well enough - so here they are.
The venue is one I do gratis - most of the residents are on their way to hospice and many can't speak or move about without help. Not much reaction from them but you can tell they are listening. I play two of these places and always feel blessed when I leave.

http://www.4shared.com/folder/lSpVwSVc/KMA_Gig_Recordings.html

Deane

Hammer,

Thanks for you great heart for those going to a hospice.
Your post really made my day.
The recordings sound very good.

#343402 - 04/09/12 08:08 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Thanks Deane,
Appreciate your playing for venues like this.
The KMA sounds really good, and nice playing. I enjoyed them all especially Waltz Across Texas.
Keep up your good work

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#343420 - 04/10/12 07:38 AM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

is there a direct link to these songs...?

#343426 - 04/10/12 08:29 AM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
hammer Offline

Donny,
Only the 4shared link provided in the post.
Deane

#343448 - 04/10/12 04:02 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thanks so much for sharing those with us Hammer. The KMA is a nice versitle instrument. I love the harmonica sound that you used so nicely on Star Dust and the Texas waltz. I think that is my favorite KMA voice.

Could you tell us which styles you were using? Also considering you have one of the best arrangers out there (Tyros 4) how do you decide on which keyboard to take to the gig?

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#343449 - 04/10/12 04:43 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Donny,
Only the 4shared link provided in the post.
Deane

is there a direct link...they keep asking me to join? eek2

Edited by Dnj (04/10/12 04:44 PM)

#343451 - 04/10/12 04:53 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Montunoman,
I gig just about on a daily basis. Even though I have nearly 2000 songs setup on my Tyros 4 that I can use I end up playing the same songs all the time - generally by request. I get bored with the same old sounds all the time so I grab various keyboards for gigs every once in awhile. The KMA is limited by the lack of a variety of styles but the styles I have found useful are very good. That was my complaint when I had the PA1X and PA2X pro too. So far all the places i have played with the KMA the people said they liked it a lot.

Donny,
'the link should work for everyone - no special membership is needed.

Deane

#343453 - 04/10/12 05:20 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Nope, keeps asking to join.
I like box.net better. No commercials, no sign up etc.
Just a thought wink
Eric

#343458 - 04/10/12 07:07 PM Re: Finally, a few tunes played on the KMA [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

Montunoman,
I gig just about on a daily basis. Even though I have nearly 2000 songs setup on my Tyros 4 that I can use I end up playing the same songs all the time - generally by request. I get bored with the same old sounds all the time so I grab various keyboards for gigs every once in awhile. The KMA is limited by the lack of a variety of styles but the styles I have found useful are very good. That was my complaint when I had the PA1X and PA2X pro too. So far all the places i have played with the KMA the people said they liked it a lot.

Donny,
'the link should work for everyone - no special membership is needed.

Deane

deane something is wrong it keeps asking you to join?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online