SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#340370 - 02/20/12 10:56 AM How you compare G70 to BK7m in sound quality?
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Never has use a Roland G70 before.
Any body that have play both, G70/BK7m. How they compare in sound quality?

Opinions please.

Edited by Machetero (02/20/12 11:01 AM)

#340442 - 02/21/12 10:17 AM Re: How you compare G70 to BK7m in sound quality? [Re: Machetero]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Machetero

Opinions please.

There is no question to me....the G70 is richer and more detailed in the samples used....Identical tones (same names)..There is a difference...

That being said, the BK series sounds great, but do not listen to folks that think it sounds better than Roland's flagship model...it doesn't..

#340445 - 02/21/12 10:39 AM Re: How you compare G70 to BK7m in sound quality? [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Opinions please.

There is no question to me....the G70 is richer and more detailed in the samples used....Identical tones (same names)..There is a difference...

That being said, the BK series sounds great, but do not listen to folks that think it sounds better than Roland's flagship model...it doesn't..

I got a chance to hear both side by side...

The G70 still sounds better and more detailed...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#340451 - 02/21/12 11:34 AM Re: How you compare G70 to BK7m in sound quality? [Re: Machetero]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
You know what's pretty cool? cool

Even being able to compare entry/mid level arrangers to an initially much more expensive, but older instrument like the top of the range G-70, , within the same company.

It says a whole lot about how good the BK series sounds and how well the G-70 has aged. wink

From what I heard in the on line demos, the BK series is pretty darn close sonically, and I actually thought many of the styles sounded better and more detailed.

Now, if they could only come up with a direct replacement for the G-70.

Ian

#340453 - 02/21/12 12:03 PM Re: How you compare G70 to BK7m in sound quality? [Re: Machetero]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Thanks to all for the input in this topic.

#340454 - 02/21/12 12:06 PM Re: How you compare G70 to BK7m in sound quality? [Re: Fran Carango]
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Opinions please.

Totally understandable.
Fran
Please, as BK-5 doesn´t have a dedicated manual bass button, is there any alternative to play left hand bass, drums and right hand voice without kicking the backstyle parts, except drums?
Thanks!!
Jo

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online