SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#339586 - 02/13/12 06:22 AM Roland experts are needed here
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hi!

After Ketron and Yamaha styles, I am very close to add the Roland styles format support for vArranger.

I can now play Roland styles too.

I have a question for Roland experts.

What are the default keyboard assignment for each channel for :

- Retriggering rules
- Low and High notes limits
- Other arranger and transposition options

I see that on the new styles, you can assign the ACV/and notes limits for each section of the styles, but it seems that there is also general keyboard options

Any help will be appreciated

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#339613 - 02/13/12 09:28 AM Re: Roland experts are needed here [Re: DAN.2000]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Live Styler can already play and automatically convert Roland styles wink

#339618 - 02/13/12 09:45 AM Re: Roland experts are needed here [Re: miden]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Live Styler can already play and automatically convert Roland styles wink

I dont see how this helps Dan with further developing Varranger.

On top of that live-styler converts Roland styles to Yamaha format, and there is no soundsource avaialble yet to bring the best out of the roland styles.

Dan, what soundsource are you planning to use for the Roland styles?

Keep up the great work Dan, i think you're one of the people trying to make soft arrangers an option for professional players.

Maybe you should even consider to sell a special version of Varrangers for the OSL project , actually i would be very surprised if the people behind that project would not have contacted you yet...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#339619 - 02/13/12 09:47 AM Re: Roland experts are needed here [Re: DAN.2000]
AFG Music Offline

Dan,

i think you need and you most read Roland MIDI Implementation,

here you can download:
Roland VA-76 (Roland VA-5, VA-7 ,and VA-76 has the same arranger eingine)
VA-76 MIDI Implementation (VA-76_MI.pdf)
VA-76 Owners Manual (VA-76_OM.pdf)

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=284

and here:

G-70 Version 2 Manual (PDF)

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=656

and E80:

E-80 MIDI Implementation (E-80_MI.pdf)
E-80 Owners Manual (E-80_OM.pdf)

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=825

and Dan your software need a style Sequencer with its own format too (maybe MIDI format with Markers recognition for intro-fills-variation-ends):

8-intro
8-variations
8-fills
8-Ends

-and one special guitar track (when you change chords the guitar track, change the chord like a real Guitar Chord Scale)
-and also:

1 track for loops slices (played through a midi midi sequence):

8-intro sliced loops (8 midi sequences)
8-variations sliced loops (8 midi sequences)
8-fills (8 midi sequences)
8-Ends (8 midi sequences)

and if you can not make a style Sequencer, then support for

MIDI style with markers and one track for special Guitar track and one for midi sequences for sliced loops will also be good.

then style creators can use third party Sequencer for styles,

and for slices ReCycle:

http://www.propellerheads.se/products/recycle/

Edited by AFG Music (02/13/12 10:14 AM)

#339628 - 02/13/12 10:53 AM Re: Roland experts are needed here [Re: Bachus]
miden Offline

Bachus it was a "tongue in cheek" comment...did you not notice the wink?

Stop trying to nitpick!!!

Dan already knows I think his vArranger is excellent....I do not need to keep pounding him with platitudes!!

And you still come up with all these questions and comments and whys and wherefores - it was the same all the way through on the Media Station, but you NEVER actually bought ANYTHING......

Have you actually BOUGHT vArranger? I am pretty sure you won't be buying the OSL....going on past experience. You never seem to get past the tyre kicking stage...that you got to the level of your software system you have now (and excellent system it is too) must have take you a decade or more ;-)

Just curious....

#339632 - 02/13/12 11:11 AM Re: Roland experts are needed here [Re: DAN.2000]
miden Offline

And further, I can tell you that the only, and I mean the ONLY reason vArranger was not considered for the OEM Software package on the OSL was the price, and price alone!!

vArranger is an extremely well put together software application and Dan can be very proud of what he has done, and the OSL team would have been proud to have it on-board...but the price of vArranger would price the OSL out of ballpark for a lot of the market.

By the way Bachus, my reply to your comment truly was not a criticism, just an observation, and another little "tongue in cheek" moment...Aussie humour if you like..

#339635 - 02/13/12 11:23 AM Re: Roland experts are needed here [Re: DAN.2000]
AFG Music Offline

already said on another forum:

--------------
to be honest:

a good dream will be OSL+Varranger alliance on this conditions:(if you like you can read on other forum):
----------------------

but it does not happen(and also expected). and there is only one reason as mentioned by Miden.

but this thread is about something else.

developers know each other. if they want to work together is their choice,so we must respect that.

Edited by AFG Music (02/13/12 11:43 AM)

#339638 - 02/13/12 11:54 AM Re: Roland experts are needed here [Re: DAN.2000]
miden Offline

Yes AFG, I totally agree...vArranger and the OSL are a great match..Not to be I don't think..unless things change...
We have gone for second in line (imho) for the software arranger module, but it is STILL an excellent package. It is only second by a SMALL margin!!!...The developer is nowhere near as helpful or approachable as Dan, but we are getting there eventually!!

D

#339640 - 02/13/12 12:57 PM Re: Roland experts are needed here [Re: miden]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Bachus it was a "tongue in cheek" comment...did you not notice the wink?

Stop trying to nitpick!!!

Dan already knows I think his vArranger is excellent....I do not need to keep pounding him with platitudes!!

And you still come up with all these questions and comments and whys and wherefores - it was the same all the way through on the Media Station, but you NEVER actually bought ANYTHING......

Have you actually BOUGHT vArranger? I am pretty sure you won't be buying the OSL....going on past experience. You never seem to get past the tyre kicking stage...that you got to the level of your software system you have now (and excellent system it is too) must have take you a decade or more ;-)

Just curious....

Sorry Miden.... why should i have ever bought a Mediastation? Its allways been an incomplete instable product... with features changing every other month... One moth there is an arranger and the next patch half the features where replaced with something else..

Both you and me know that Lionstracs products still are not in the shape to be sold as anything else but a testingtool..

And know i do not own Varranger, but that does not keep me from seeing how Varranger and some other software products are continously improving .... and if Dan finds the time and implements some of the features advised by AFG, the product will soon be better and with more features then most Hardware arrangers...

The only thing so far that kept me from ordering the Varranger is that i am sattisfied with live-styler for now and the fact that i dont own an SD2 which was untill recently a requirement to get Varranger working.

But then we have been at this stage before... and i'll leave it at this before we get another unwanted explosion...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#339647 - 02/13/12 02:41 PM Re: Roland experts are needed here [Re: DAN.2000]
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
DAN2000,

Fran Carango maybe
or

ask those guys here:
Roland Arranger User club

Ask for Diki

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry