SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#335131 - 01/02/12 11:18 AM Official Korg MicroArranger Audio Demos
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
After listening to Donny Pesce's impressive MicroArranger demo,
I thought it would be interesting now to hear what Korg's Offical Audio MicroArranger Demos sound like: click here

then click on "sound demos" which appears in the FEATURES section at the left side of the window. This then brings up a new window of 7 demo songs.
Click on the song titles to play them.

Disco
Film Score
NY Long Tr
Organ Swg
Prgress
Bold Piano

Korg chose to showcase more contemporary (smooth jazz?) song styles vs Donny's more traditional song style approach, which has given me the opportunity to finally hear how adaptably suited Korg keyboards appear to be for a wider range of songs and styles than I previously thought. - Scott cool

#335143 - 01/02/12 12:39 PM Re: Official Korg MicroArranger Audio Demos [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Great find, Scott...now, these really showcase the sonic power of this tiny arranger...obviously one of Korg's pro demonstrators at the keys...sounds "BIG" and very clean...a bit synthetic in some instances, but overall, a really great sound.

I'm looking forward to your valued professional opinion on this unit.

Ian

#335158 - 01/02/12 05:24 PM Re: Official Korg MicroArranger Audio Demos [Re: Scottyee]
124 Offline

Very cool demos.

Re. this business of 10 or 12 year old technology, I think the market this micro is aimed at, (i.e. not necessarily the 'pros'), won't care about that. It's what it sounds like that counts, especially at the price. Korg's got a winner here. Yamaha would do well to take notice.

#335160 - 01/02/12 05:35 PM Re: Official Korg MicroArranger Audio Demos [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

I agree the age of the technology generally isn't important; consider the Hammond organ.

It is simply how Korg was able to keep the costs down on this arranger...nothing more, nothing less.

However, there is nothing wrong about making buyers aware of the origin of the microArranger's tone generation system.

If this was about a new Yamaha or Roland arranger, the discussion would be very similar and touch on the same points.

Ian

#335162 - 01/02/12 06:11 PM Re: Official Korg MicroArranger Audio Demos [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Donny,

I have listened to your demo and it's amazing, it's a seamless professional piece, your right hand fingering is amazing too, your fingers never missed the target on those little keys, can you tell us how and what you recorded it on, I think it's better than the Korg Demo, granted it's old gits music so what, that's why I liked it so much, it's mine and your era Donny. Why you need to do DJ to those dancers when you can play like that beats me, rock on Donny, you’ve brightened SZ up again, it was begin to lack lustre, stay with it and us. BTW HNY.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#335169 - 01/02/12 07:02 PM Re: Official Korg MicroArranger Audio Demos [Re: Tony Hughes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Donny,

I have listened to your demo and it's amazing, it's a seamless professional piece, your right hand fingering is amazing too, your fingers never missed the target on those little keys, can you tell us how and what you recorded it on, I think it's better than the Korg Demo, granted it's old gits music so what, that's why I liked it so much, it's mine and your era Donny. Why you need to do DJ to those dancers when you can play like that beats me, rock on Donny, you’ve brightened SZ up again, it was begin to lack lustre, stay with it and us. BTW HNY.

Regards

For recording into my computer via an EDIROl USB Audio Interface UA-1ex ...& using a very affordable program Fran Carango turned me on to Acoustica MIXCRAFT 5 which really does a nice job & is so easy to use.

http://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/

http://www.roland.com/products/en/UA-1EX/

To answer your other question Tony...I perform for so many types of audiences from older NH, Ballroom dancer venues to young 21yr old weddings, clubs, theme dances, etc, & beyond...believe me an arranger KB no matter how good you play & sing is not going to cut it for many of these events.....so I have a full tool box and the talent to execute it with playing KB, Singing, and DJ'ing all in one or separately...ready for whatever I need in a nights work...just good business practice in today's diverse gigging world if you want to be a professional entertainer and make my clients happy..at 59 and after 45 years performing on stage, I have no intention of stopping anytime soon God willing & good health, in fact it's getting busier every year.A very religious man came up to me on stage years ago and said. "Donny God gave you a great talent..........do you know why?..." when I said no he replied..."So you could share your music with the world"
And I think I'm very blessed to be able to do that for a living night after night..

take care

DP

#335170 - 01/02/12 07:22 PM Re: Official Korg MicroArranger Audio Demos [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Donny,

Why you need to do DJ to those dancers when you can play like that beats me...,

Tony, let me interject here to say that nowadays very few arrangers players can (or want to) do a whole gig on arranger alone. Most resort to their own or commercial SMF and/or MP3 along with the arranger stuff. It takes a lot of very hard work (and planning) making an evening played solely on an arranger to be both danceable and entertaining.

But, it is possible.

There are several arranger players in my area, and only two of us still play the entire gig solely with the arranger keyboard, and we still manage to get asked back and/or get other equally lucrative gigs because of our performances.

And of course, we have Deane (Hammer) who is a SZ member who plays arranger (a Tyros4, I believe) for the entire gig...there may be a few more....I think Gary Diamond does, most, if not all, his gigs entirely with the arranger (in arranger mode). I believe Scott Yee and Scott Langholff do as well.

But, as has been said many times here on SZ...you use what you need to get the job done....that's the most important part, I suppose...and, it may depend on the type of gig, audience age, etc.

Are you thinking of getting one of these great little Korg microArrangers?

Ian

#335174 - 01/02/12 08:58 PM Re: Official Korg MicroArranger Audio Demos [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
As far as I know, I'm the only one remaining around here that entertains as a one-man-band exclusively with styles and real-time playing and singing.
There are several people using arrangers but all of them that I know of use at least as much midi, mp3 and kar stuff as styles.
Semilive could do a show with just styles, but he usually doesn't because he prefers guitar jobs.
My friend Dickie T has a new Tyros 4 and uses styles, but he also uses a lot of midi and CDG files. Our friend Henry L. uses Roland BK7m and uses styles, but relies heavily on CDG as well.
Vince Ramos down in Houston uses Ketron SD1 and plays mostly styles. I'm sure there are others in the general area that I'm overlooking, but I don't think so. Some of the others use midi or recorded music and even act like they are playing keyboard.
However, as DNJ says, whatever it takes to please the people is o.k.
DonM

#335176 - 01/02/12 09:20 PM Re: Official Korg MicroArranger Audio Demos [Re: Scottyee]
124 Offline

Don't feel alone DonM, I'm an arranger styles only kinda guy, too. Mainly because I'm lazy and just like to play. We don't suffer for shortage of work because of the styles-only approach. It's all good.

#335229 - 01/03/12 03:52 PM Re: Official Korg MicroArranger Audio Demos [Re: 124]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Quote:
Tony, let me interject here to say that nowadays very few arrangers players can (or want to) do a whole gig on arranger alone. Most resort to their own or commercial SMF and/or MP3 along with the arranger stuff. It takes a lot of very hard work (and planning) making an evening played solely on an arranger to be both danceable and entertaining.

A lot of hard work is a joy for those who love to organize and perform; there is a satisfaction that comes that makes it all worth it. I play this New Years and used one Mp3, The Electric Slide.

I feel as if I am not doing enough when I sing and whatever, I am so use to backing myself in a live band with my guitar.

I do understand those who are using SMF/MP3 for back up, feel they concentrate on the job being done and that is their satisfaction.

IMHO, John C.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online