SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#333312 - 11/11/11 11:18 AM New Korg MicroArranger Japanese Demos
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
This thing really looks to be a very cool ultra portable lightweight arranger for easily taking anywhere, and with big live full sound, and with smaller keys adaptively adjustable to play on, especially people with medium or smaller hands.
I'm seriously considering buying one keys , but have an important question:

Realizing that the Korg MicroArranger basically includes the sound engine of the earlier generation PA50, I'm still hoping it might include the newer advanced rootless jazz chord recognition table included on the PA3X and which was added (via OS Update) on the PA2X. Does anybody here know, or could someone here possibly ask the appropriate person at Korg for an answer, and report back here about this? Thanks. - Scott cool

Korg MicroArranger Solo Demo (in Japanese) by Mitokatsuyuki:
Sound demo begins: 2:00
Music demo starts at 4:00 & 6:10

Korg Japan Site of which includes more MicroArranger audio demos

MicroArranger in a Band Setting:

#333335 - 11/12/11 10:00 PM Re: New Korg MicroArranger Japanese Demos [Re: Scottyee]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Scott

Thanx for the post. I think a lot of players have an interest in this 9 pound keyboard including myself. Many of them I noticed are Tyros players.

We know it will sound like the PA50. Here are some demos of the PA50. Based on these demos which I'd think would be Korg's idea of the best it could sound, I would be interested to see what you and others considering the microarranger and even those that have no interest in it think of the sound of this sound engine.

http://www.korgpa.com/en/products/arrangers/pa50sd/pa50sd-demo.html

#333339 - 11/13/11 08:36 AM Re: New Korg MicroArranger Japanese Demos [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sounds pretty good, but I would have to see, touch and hear one in person before shelling out even this small amount of cash for another arranger--even one that weighs next to nothing. The price listed at some sites is less than $300, which is dirt cheap.

Thanks for the links,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#333345 - 11/13/11 12:24 PM Re: New Korg MicroArranger Japanese Demos [Re: travlin'easy]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Gary

I've seen it listed for the MAP of $599. I'm wondering which sites have it listed for $300??

#333358 - 11/13/11 10:37 PM Re: New Korg MicroArranger Japanese Demos [Re: Scottyee]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
This has been discussed before.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...boar#Post331123

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...rang#Post331642

You ‘ll have the following pros.

1.10 lbs pro arranger KB with speakers and aux input (buy your 199$ TC harmonizer and hook it up)
2. Actual midi ports and L/R out, sustain and assignable ins
3. Plays SMFs or Modified SMFs with internal sounds directly from SD with no load time
4. Good synth engine/sounds and tons of editing (will load Triton programs)/Actual sequencer with true edit
5. Can rewrite all factory styles (4 variations each more than 300) and user area (can load 48 I believe), but you have SD drive –so no major issues
6. No sticking USB drives
7. arranger module with 5 octave keys (I know the size) with 4 WAY JOY STICK ( try that with PSR s 650) ( did I mention speakers and 10 lbs only?) meaning you can create , edit songs anywhere without a computer or space issues.

Cons will be

1. 2 fills and some issues with fills (same old PA 80 BOARD)
2. Muti-pads won’t play loops (no OS update can’t do it either)
3. Styles somewhat busy and over orchestrated compared to mid Yammies ( PSR S series)
4. Small keys ( I would still take the keys than no keys at all)

The same functions /sound board as PA50SD , so you can check the manual.

http://www.korgpa.com/en/support/products/arrangers/pa50sd/pa50sd-manuals.html

#333364 - 11/14/11 07:25 AM Re: New Korg MicroArranger Japanese Demos [Re: Scottyee]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The USA retail price is $749 and the MAP price is $499.
I just received final pricing from Korg this weekend.
(Retired 2021)

#333366 - 11/14/11 08:18 AM Re: New Korg MicroArranger Japanese Demos [Re: Scottyee]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott,

I Googled the keyboard and a lengthy list of advertisements jumped up for the machine. If I recall correctly, the price ranged from $399 to $799, depending upon the dealer. If I were seriously thinking about purchasing one, however, I would go to a reputable, reliable independent dealer such as George Kay or Frank Vestra.

Gary 8)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#333403 - 11/14/11 10:31 PM Re: New Korg MicroArranger Japanese Demos [Re: George Kaye]
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Originally Posted By: George Kaye
The USA retail price is $749 and the MAP price is $499.
I just received final pricing from Korg this weekend.

$499 is unbeatable!
No other KB has similar features ( with quality sound,drums still punchier than S910). I am sure it'll be a hit both in and outside the US. (since PA 80 had good non western music 3rd part support).

Cheaper--More users -- growth or style support , I 'm hoping.

If you can ignore the key issue this KB can be used in both pro live and occational arranger / small home studio situation with flying colors.

Edited by jamman (11/14/11 10:32 PM)

#333450 - 11/15/11 08:09 PM Re: New Korg MicroArranger Japanese Demos [Re: Scottyee]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I'm definitely IN. I got on a wait list, and am just waiting for it to arrive.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online