SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#330157 - 08/08/11 12:10 PM Anyone know how to trigger "Left Hold" by foot?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I'm looking for a way to trigger the "LEFT Hold" button by foot or MIDI on a Tyros (any version). By "LEFT Hold" I mean the button to the left of the "Left Voice" switch (I don't mean the "BASS Hold" function which is something completely different).

If anyone knows how I can do this - or of any work around including MIDI - that would be greatly appreciated.

Chony

#330159 - 08/08/11 01:44 PM Re: Anyone know how to trigger "Left Hold" by foot? [Re: chony]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Chony,

1) Left Hold is not an assignable Tyros 4 foot controller function option.

2) I also am not able to find the "Left Hold" on/off included anywhere in the Yamaha Tyros 4 Data List manual
as a triggerable midi command (or via SysEx), so assume it's not supported other than by actually physically pressing the left hold button itself.

That said, the Left Hold on/off status is storeable in Registration and included in the 'style' group of Reg Memory Contents.
Be sure that the STYLE box in 'Reg Memory contents' (memory button) is checked.

Here's a (albeit 2 pedal) WORK AROUND SOLUTION for you:

Create via: Function > Registration Sequence

Two adjacent registrations (Reg 1 to Left Hold on, and Reg 2 to left hold off, and subsequently assigning one pedal to 'REG+' and the other to 'REG-'. After you create this REG Seq you should be able to switch back and forth between the Left Hold on/off status settings via the 2 assigned pedals.

Hope this helps. - Scott smile

#330161 - 08/08/11 02:23 PM Re: Anyone know how to trigger "Left Hold" by foot? [Re: Scottyee]
tyroschuck Offline

Loc: Downey, CA, US
One pedal will do the same. When the reg. gets to #2 (last one in seq.) it will go to #1 next time pedal is pressed. Never ending cycle.
regards, chuck

#330162 - 08/08/11 03:52 PM Re: Anyone know how to trigger "Left Hold" by foot? [Re: tyroschuck]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: tyroschuck
One pedal will do the same. When the reg. gets to #2 (last one in seq.) it will go to #1 next time pedal is pressed. Never ending cycle.
regards, chuck
Chuck, thanks for the heads up about that. smile

#330170 - 08/08/11 10:38 PM Re: Anyone know how to trigger "Left Hold" by foot? [Re: chony]
chony Offline

Thanks Scott, that's a good work-around. Thank you.

How do I create a new REG bank with only 2 settings? Or, how do I erase a setting from a bank so that it becomes empty (and its light doesn't light up)?

#330193 - 08/09/11 07:01 PM Re: Anyone know how to trigger "Left Hold" by foot? [Re: chony]
chony Offline

No worries - figured it out. Thanks!

#330195 - 08/09/11 09:44 PM Re: Anyone know how to trigger "Left Hold" by foot? [Re: chony]
Scottyee Offline

Originally Posted By: chony
No worries - figured it out. Thanks!

Great. All good. cool

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online