SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#324302 - 05/16/11 10:37 PM Bass and orchestrations Tyros 4 question?
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
The bass and background instruments settings on the Tyros 4 in styles, I was sure it was possible to move them to a different octave. Somtimes the bass is just too high in the style and so on. Is it possible and how?

thanks

#324316 - 05/17/11 10:26 AM Re: Bass and orchestrations Tyros 4 question? [Re: Robbo]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hi Robbo,

I think Michael Bedesem has a great utility program that will fix midi files and allow you to transpose tracks of a midi file.

Display and Edit File data

http://www.psrtutorial.com/MB/midiplayer.html

MidiPlayer provides a broad selection of display and editing facilities for style, song, multipad and voice edit files:

File Information: The Play List shows file size, tempo, time signature, key, use of MegaVoices, midi type, style variations, internal name, copyright, source instrument and style used. This information is useful for pre-qualifying a file for play or processing.
Average Midi Volume: Colored line, numeric, and slider Displays. Adjustment via automatic and manual editing of overall and channel volumes.
Discrete volume events: Displayed on a Volume Map (volume versus measures) by channel with event editing.
Instrument voices: MidiPlayer’s selections can be viewed, manually changed and the pitch transposed.
MegaVoices: Optional automatic and manual selection (effects not included).
Midi Data: The display decodes midi, metadata and sysex events contained in song, style, multipad and voice files. Sort, copy, find and a print function are provided.
Marker/style sections: Displays structure and allows song or style sections to be played individually.
Pan Settings: Event display and Pan Map (pan vs. measures) by channel, with editing. Includes AutoPan function which assigns pan locations according to instrument type and typical studio practice.
Tempo: Map (tempo vs. measures) with selective and global editing of events.
Midi File Transpose: Includes display of key before and after (non-rhythm tracks).
Fixes: List of repairs performed on the currently loaded file.
CASM: Display with search and printing functions.
OTS: Voice display with printing and ability to select OTS from other styles.
Music Finder Database: Displays song, genre, tempo, time signature and keywords of any entries that are included with a style file. Includes print function.
Lyric, XF & Sysex Chords and Text: These are displayed in a lead sheet format and may be printed or saved as a text file. Kar Conversion and transposition to the key of C also available.
Effect Settings: Reverb, Chorus and Sustain settings can be viewed in a table and map format, edited and scaled by a percentage value.
Icons: Displays all available icons and allows replacement for midis, styles, voices and multipads.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#324321 - 05/17/11 11:59 AM Re: Bass and orchestrations Tyros 4 question? [Re: Robbo]
Dnj Offline

GN Midi does all that also... and more..

http://www.gnmidi.com/

#324322 - 05/17/11 12:40 PM Re: Bass and orchestrations Tyros 4 question? [Re: Robbo]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I don't think gnmidi will take bass and background instruments in styles, which was the OP's original query, and move them to a different octave.

I believe Michael Bedesem's Midiplayer will.

#324330 - 05/17/11 02:00 PM Re: Bass and orchestrations Tyros 4 question? [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I don't think gnmidi will take bass and background instruments in styles, which was the OP's original query, and move them to a different octave.

I believe Michael Bedesem's Midiplayer will.

Though we were talking SMF ?

#324331 - 05/17/11 02:04 PM Re: Bass and orchestrations Tyros 4 question? [Re: Robbo]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Donny, I think the OP wanted to change the octave of the bass in the style.

Here is his question...

"The bass and background instruments settings on the Tyros 4 in styles, I was sure it was possible to move them to a different octave. Somtimes the bass is just too high in the style and so on. Is it possible and how?"

I think Midiplayer will do it.

Ian

#324353 - 05/17/11 04:58 PM Re: Bass and orchestrations Tyros 4 question? [Re: Robbo]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Robbo,
probably not going to be much help, but, on my PA800 I have a "Wrap" function. Means that I can choose at which chord the style part will drop an octave keeping the bass ( or whatever other style part ) in a more natural range.
Maybe your Tyros has a similar type of setting??

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#324364 - 05/17/11 07:02 PM Re: Bass and orchestrations Tyros 4 question? [Re: rikkisbears]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Robbo, what Rikki said also goes for the Tyros 4. You have to go into Style Creator and adjust the parameter called "Note Limit High." You might also have to change "High Key." Check out p.52 of the Reference Manual. Good luck!

#324379 - 05/18/11 05:05 AM Re: Bass and orchestrations Tyros 4 question? [Re: TedS]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Donny, I think the OP wanted to change the octave of the bass in the style.

Here is his question...

"The bass and background instruments settings on the Tyros 4 in styles, I was sure it was possible to move them to a different octave. Somtimes the bass is just too high in the style and so on. Is it possible and how?"

I think Midiplayer will do it.

Ian

Thanks Ian, yes you are right that was the question, and thanks for the connection to the reference manual, I'll test it out and let you know TedS

#324387 - 05/18/11 08:55 AM Re: Bass and orchestrations Tyros 4 question? [Re: Robbo]
Dnj Offline

ok I stand corrected !

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online