SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#322780 - 04/25/11 11:56 AM "Let Me Entertain You" on Tyros 4 by Joost
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
My NL friend Joost (aka sz member: Tostie) called me on Skype Voice Chat today to let me know about his latest YouTube Video below.
He also mentioned that he simply played Tyros 4 'straight out of the box' simply utilizing a 'preset' style plus it's preset OTS voice settings (no tweaking).
I share Joost's appreciation for Tyros 4 in giving us the ability to simply sit down and enjoy 'playing it' without having to spend too much time (if at all) fiddling & tweaking.
Joost, as I said on the phone, I thoroughly enjoyed your most impressive keyboard performance & improvisation. Bravo buddy! cool

#322784 - 04/25/11 12:13 PM Re: "Let Me Entertain You" on Tyros 4 by Joost [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Very good stuff Scott.

The Tyros4 is awesome "right out of the box"...I haven't tweaked anything on mine as far as EQ and/or Compressor.

The One Touch settings for the styles are even better than those on the Tyros3 (and they were excellent).

Lot's of punch as well as sweetness...perfect combination.

This guy is a fine player...he has even more energy than Tony Monaco...one thing for sure, he certainly looked like he was enjoying himself.

Ian

#322798 - 04/25/11 01:26 PM Re: "Let Me Entertain You" on Tyros 4 by Joost [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Hells,

Wow some talent on SZ now, was it ever like this in the old days on SZ, you know with the G70 and all that! MS, Wing, dingle dangle, hell that T4 is something.

Tony

PS Ian did you hear all those frequencies, nah you didn't. That Hammond sound was great
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#322799 - 04/25/11 01:28 PM Re: "Let Me Entertain You" on Tyros 4 by Joost [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It was great, but I was expecting Natalie Wood singing Let Me Entertain You!
DonM

#322801 - 04/25/11 01:29 PM Re: "Let Me Entertain You" on Tyros 4 by Joost [Re: DonM]
Tony Hughes Offline

Don,

How do you rate the T4 hammond sound compared to the Audya.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#322809 - 04/25/11 02:32 PM Re: "Let Me Entertain You" on Tyros 4 by Joost [Re: Scottyee]
Tostie Offline

Scott, thank you for the post and the interesting skype conversation :-)

Thank you all for the compliments!

#322811 - 04/25/11 02:46 PM Re: "Let Me Entertain You" on Tyros 4 by Joost [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

PS Ian did you hear all those frequencies, nah you didn't. That Hammond sound was great

I'm sure I heard at least two or three frequencies, Tony, but I have to say, I was pretty tired on first listen.

I fell asleep last night, and dreamed I was awake...useless!

The night before, I dreamt about mufflers (silencers to you) and woke up exhausted.

My favorite Hammond sounds on the Tyros4 are amongst the SA organ voices, such as JazzRotary, AllBarsOut(Stunning), and ProgRockOrgan, the latter sounding a lot like Keith Emerson's Hammond C-3 grinding and growling away...Leslie fast/slow via mod wheel for all three organ voices.

It's nice to see arranger music being put up on SZ, Tony, but where are all the PA3Xpro, PA-800, Audya, and G-70 players?

Ian

#322823 - 04/25/11 04:33 PM Re: "Let Me Entertain You" on Tyros 4 by Joost [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

It's nice to see arranger music being put up on SZ, Tony, but where are all the PA3Xpro, PA-800, Audya, and G-70 players?

Ian

Ian,

Obviously the bar been set too high with this chap and Telmo.

Tony

#322827 - 04/25/11 05:07 PM Re: "Let Me Entertain You" on Tyros 4 by Joost [Re: Tony Hughes]
ianmcnll Offline

Obviously the bar been set too high with this chap and Telmo.

Tony

I'm inclined to agree with you, Tony, plus they have the advantage of the Tyros4 along with their impressive talent for arranging and playing.

Ian

#322830 - 04/25/11 07:32 PM Re: "Let Me Entertain You" on Tyros 4 by Joost [Re: Scottyee]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I'm probably not the best judge of organ sounds because other than an occasional lead I don't use that many. I am very happy with both out of the box. If you get into editing and customizing I'm sure either would please most anyone except die-hard B3 players.
I don't post too much because everybody has pretty much heard what I do and I'm usually working every night and don't have a lot of time to do video.
DonM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online