SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#322053 - 04/16/11 12:09 PM The PX-330 definitely is a winner
Beakybird Offline

I'm very happy with this purchase.

Pros:

1. Stunning grand piano voices as well as some great electric pianos and organs.
2. Very realistic sounding key bed. Very responsive. You can play super soft or super loud.
3. Over 150 styles to play around with.
4. Light weight - only 26lbs.
5. Audio outs, audio ins.

Cons:

1. Buttons are impossible to read unless in great lighting.
2. Speakers are not suitable to amplify a grand piano voice.
3. Most of the other voices are not professional sounding.
4. The styles are fun, but cheesy compared to the Yamaha S910 and TOTL arrangers.
5. You can choose between 4 reverbs and chorus effects, but you cannot edit their wetness.

I'm having a lot of fun with this - mostly playing just the two grand piano voices.

The Logitech Z-2200 speakers aren't quite cutting it. Hopefully, with a graphic equalizer - either hardware or software, I can get it to faithfully represent the piano voices. If I turn up the bass high enough to get a good midrange, the low notes are super loud. If I turn down the bass too far, the midrange sounds like it's coming through cheap speakers. I know that it's the speakers and not the Casio because the Casio sounds incredible through my headphones - except I'm missing the body vibrations that a subwoofer delivers.

#322157 - 04/17/11 01:45 PM Re: The PX-330 definitely is a winner [Re: Beakybird]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Sounds like a lot of fun. And for a good sounding piano with a good key feel you can't beat that 26 lb weight.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online