SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#315897 - 02/09/11 08:39 AM Orchestra & Choir Registrations
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Orchestra & Choir Registrations now available from Wersi Direct (Includes Short Mp3 Demos)

http://www.wersidirect.com/www.wersidirect.com/Welcome.html

Bill

#315924 - 02/09/11 12:12 PM Re: Orchestra & Choir Registrations [Re: abacus]
Tony Hughes Offline

Bill,

What the hell's happened to the Wing, it's a joke or a cardboard cut out, Wersi can't be serious about coming back into the market with a KB.It's a hell of a bad start and it better be good or these guys here will tear in in bits.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#315926 - 02/09/11 12:27 PM Re: Orchestra & Choir Registrations [Re: Tony Hughes]
Bachus Offline

When i read choirs i was almost certain this was about Tyros 4 wink wonder why?

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Bill,

What the hell's happened to the Wing, it's a joke or a cardboard cut out, Wersi can't be serious about coming back into the market with a KB.It's a hell of a bad start and it better be good or these guys here will tear in in bits.

Still no sign of the wing, its obviously hard to produce high quallity stuff in the far east....

http://keyszone.boards.net

#315938 - 02/09/11 02:59 PM Re: Orchestra & Choir Registrations [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Doesn't seem to prevent everyone else from managing it... wink

#317686 - 02/26/11 02:23 AM Re: Orchestra & Choir Registrations [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Well! Finally managed to get a chance to have a good listen to the demos, and overall I have to say they are not to my personal tastes, however I have included a little review below, on the understanding that these are MY PERSONAL views, and others may have a completely different opinion of them. (There is no good or bad in personal preferences)

The choir and vocals are spot on as per usual, (Still haven’t come across another board that can do choir and vocals like the Wersi OAS Instruments) although when mixed in with some of the strings one or two of the solo voices seen a little out of kilter. (Although I think more of a string problem rather than vocal)

Strings are a bit of a disappointment, as they sound a little too brittle, (Which I have to say is unusual for an OAS instrument) however the accuracy of them is almost there, but the lack the warmth that you get from a real string orchestra, (And the way the strings normally sound on an OAS instrument) is the main disappointment. (They seem to be the opposite of the T4 strings, which are smooth and warm but lack the definition and bite to convince that you are listening to a real string orchestra)

The horns and brass are ok, but I have always found these to be a bit of a weak spot for my personal tastes, as they tend to sound too Germanic. (I always edit them or use Akai and/or VST brass sounds)

The only other part I would change is the Piano, which I would need to reduce the hammer effect, and increase the release time, (Easily done using the sound control feature) to suit my tastes.

Overall for those that like things done for them, (And suit their personal tastes) they are excellent value, however for me personally the mixes chosen are not my favourites, so will be giving them a miss.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online