SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#300227 - 12/02/10 04:17 PM Keyboard case question ...
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I saw a keyboardist some time ago that had a case that had a removable lid and a short lip on the long side. He was able to plunk the case on the keyboard stand, remove the lid, and attach the necessary cables and go. Because of the short lip on the keyboard side, there was no obstruction to hinder his access to the keys. Is anyone familiar with this type of case? Is this is a readily available case or could it be custom made? Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

#300228 - 12/02/10 04:43 PM Re: Keyboard case question ...
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jerry,

I ran across a guy performing at an assisted living center a couple years ago that had a similar hard case. His was custom made locally and cost him a bundle--somewhere around $500 at the time. And, the case was quite heavy, tipping the scales at about 25 pounds. It was a hard case with a fabric cover made from heavy, black canvas. The hinges on the back were stainless with slide pins that locked when the case was closed. The front latches were something like stainless suitcase latches. I had a couple heavy-duty strap handles that were padded and held together with Velcro. The guy that made the case was from someplace in upstate New York if I recall. At $500 and at that weight I really wasn't interested in having one made. Neat concept, but very expensive and very heavy.

Good luck on your search,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online