SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#297893 - 10/27/10 07:10 PM Finished Auditioning T4 Styles in my S910...
Dnj Offline

Just spent a little time auditioning all the T4 styles that aren't in my S910...
just to see what turns up....let me just say to everyone it's not worth the time & effort to edit the all....I would just wait for the S920 (?) or whatever to be released....I can tell that these styles must sound terrific on a Tyros4 for sure. But on the S910 although they do play need hours of work.. they lose alot for many reasons..many parts are not there sonically, even with a few replacement sounds that I tried still left a void....I would say now with all the technology Yamaha has designed in the Tyros4 regarding styles is pretty much also a protective measure in a way that even if people try to share these T4 styles, & use them elsewhere they will never sound the same as the original instrument they were intended for..as I decipher what I'm hearing even thru the muck and know many are really well done and must sound excellent on the Tyros 4 even though I have never played one yet. Waiting for the next MOTL unit so many of these styles will be tweaked for the unit will be the best bet.... Anyway just wanted to tell you people what I was doing in between watching the world series...

#297894 - 10/27/10 09:33 PM Re: Finished Auditioning T4 Styles in my S910...
shim Offline

Loc: USA
Nice post donny!
I'm also waiting for the next MOTL arranger from Yamaha (and maybe korg, if they fix the UI...)

BTW, where did you actually get the T4 styles?

SHIM

#297895 - 10/27/10 10:05 PM Re: Finished Auditioning T4 Styles in my S910...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
It was the same deal with T3 styles in the T2 and S900, wasn't it?

Someone has to write some software that automatically removes the specific new data...

Mind you, some Roland-like Makeup Tools, and doing this ought to be a LOT easier!

#297896 - 10/27/10 11:53 PM Re: Finished Auditioning T4 Styles in my S910...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Mind you, some Roland-like Makeup Tools, and doing this ought to be a LOT easier!

Roland make great make-up tools...unfortunately, these styles won't even load into a Roland, let alone allow you to edit/revoice.

With Yamaha's excellent Style Creator/editor, it is possible to make the styles workable, if you experiment with the mega-voices that are provided on the S910/Tyros3, and at least, the styles load in without any issue.

However, the only instrument in/on which they will sound as they should, is a Tyros4.

Several SZ'ers have emailed me and said they were getting a Tyros4, and several more have already purchased, and are pleased as punch with the instrument.

It appears I may be among the latter very soon.

Ian

#297897 - 10/27/10 11:59 PM Re: Finished Auditioning T4 Styles in my S910...
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Just spent a little time auditioning all the T4 styles that aren't in my S910...
just to see what turns up....let me just say to everyone it's not worth the time & effort to edit the all....I would just wait for the S920 (?) or whatever to be released....I can tell that these styles must sound terrific on a Tyros4 for sure. But on the S910 although they do play need hours of work.. they lose alot for many reasons..many parts are not there sonically, even with a few replacement sounds that I tried still left a void....I would say now with all the technology Yamaha has designed in the Tyros4 regarding styles is pretty much also a protective measure in a way that even if people try to share these T4 styles, & use them elsewhere they will never sound the same as the original instrument they were intended for..as I decipher what I'm hearing even thru the muck and know many are really well done and must sound excellent on the Tyros 4 even though I have never played one yet. Waiting for the next MOTL unit so many of these styles will be tweaked for the unit will be the best bet.... Anyway just wanted to tell you people what I was doing in between watching the world series...

I'm sure they'll work on a T3 though. The s910 is missing many of the drum kits on the T3 and T4, and most importantly, it is missing many of the FX.

#297898 - 10/28/10 12:14 AM Re: Finished Auditioning T4 Styles in my S910...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
I'm sure they'll work on a T3 though. The s910 is missing many of the drum kits on the T3 and T4, and most importantly, it is missing many of the FX.

Much less tweaking is needed on the Tyros3...plus, all the T3's styles, some very similar to T4's, but without the vocal patches, will work great in the latter.

Ian

#297899 - 10/28/10 06:44 AM Re: Finished Auditioning T4 Styles in my S910...
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Shim,
I am curios as to specifically what you think needs fixed on the Korg UI?
Thanks,
Lee S.

#297900 - 10/28/10 10:04 AM Re: Finished Auditioning T4 Styles in my S910...
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I spent an hour playing a Korg pa2xpro the other day and I had no problem with the UI. I thought it was very intuitive and straight forward. The only other Korg I ever played was the pa80 many years age.

Tom

Tom

Tom

#297901 - 10/28/10 07:05 PM Re: Finished Auditioning T4 Styles in my S910...
shim Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Shim,
I am curios as to specifically what you think needs fixed on the Korg UI?
Thanks,
Lee S.

It's not as simple and straight forward as Yamaha's system, to put it simply...

I found the menu system very UNintuitive. with the global settings, and the "performances" which use the same buttons as the Voice buttons, all in all I found it quite difficult compared to Yamaha's simple system, with Registration's etc...

Don't get me wrong, I still like Korg, and lots of the Korg sounds are much more realistic than Yamaha.

I also like that you can put different time signatures in one beat; that is, let's say 4/4 in variation 1, and 3/4 in variation 2 which you CANNOT do in the Yamaha.

But in general, I think Yamaha is much more straight forward. That's all.

#297902 - 10/28/10 10:37 PM Re: Finished Auditioning T4 Styles in my S910...
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Guys,
are the T4 styles still in the same format as the T3 styles, ie do they basically not work well in earlier yammie keyboards because of the lack of the new T4 voices, or are there other factors.
I managed to convert a couple of the T3 styles across to Korg ( from midifile format), and since I didn't have a T3 to compare my conversion with, I have no idea whether I even got close to the original
( ignorance is bliss ), just be fascinating to see if a T4 could be converted in the same way.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online