SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#290021 - 07/08/10 09:18 PM time to move on
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Well, time to move on from this forum. I know I have made this comment before, but this time I think it will be the last.

The last comments by cgiles in another thread prompted this, did NOT cause it mind you, but acted as the catalyst. In some posts I have made in recent threads I have adopted a more conciliatory tone (apart from the last response I made to him) but cgiles wants to continue on with his silly childish games, aided and abetted by folks who I thought knew better.

And I know I rose to it, but it was really uncalled for in the first place.

I am tired of dealing with the s@#t that goes down here, and I am going to forums where users still have some respect for thread integrity, and like to maintain serious, fun and enlightening forum threads and posts.

No offence to Nigel at all, he runs the forum as he sees fit, and it is not his fault that some folks here abuse his amenability, but if the band ain't working, it's time to move on....

I know 99% of the people here don't give two hoots, and that's fine as I have no regard for them in either liking, or dis-liking them. They are pretty much nobodies to me..
For those that could understand me, and were happy to engage in honest debate and discussion, I will miss that, but I will certainly NOT miss this forum..

Anyhoo, that's it from me, good luck to some of you, wake up to yourselves to others, and for the rest, ehh, who cares!

Ta ta

#290022 - 07/08/10 10:03 PM Re: time to move on
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
dennis. sleep on it. I have enjoyed our conversations and your detailed information on the effectiveness of the MS . Until you and James contributed specifically on this matter genuine honest and helpful information on the MS was sparse.

If you are able to ,please stay even if it is only in the Liontracs end of the forum. Not many people visit there but people who do tend to be focused on genuine information and dont word play as much as they do in the General forum.

What we need here is less heat and more light.

#290023 - 07/09/10 01:08 AM Re: time to move on
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dennis,
You have some good points in your post and I do agree but after 2030 posts I feel you need to work through your uncomfortable feelings. But for the few you lose the many. There are many here in this forum that are the type of people I would enjoy having in my home –but like every other part of this world there is nothing that is 100%. I remember the saying, “When you are cleaning up don’t throw out the baby with the dirty water”. So very, very true.

Take a break and then think about all those here that have enjoyed what you have been offering.

Caring, John C.

PS, There are no really bad people here only those who may have to vent after a hard day. No one ever spoke harshly to another person on the day when they won the lottery. It happens when the pressure of this world gets to us, and then we vent. Not really excusable but understandable.

#290024 - 07/09/10 07:22 AM Re: time to move on
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:

I know 99% of the people here don't give two hoots, and that's fine as I have no regard for them in either liking, or dis-liking them. They are pretty much nobodies to me..

Anyhoo, that's it from me, good luck to some of you, wake up to yourselves to others, and for the rest, ehh, who cares!

Ta ta

Well 99% sure sounds like a majority to me. But more importantly, I think the rest of Dennis's post pretty much says it all.

chas (the jerk)

#290025 - 07/09/10 07:30 AM Re: time to move on
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
BTW Dennis. What you said to me, Fran could just as easily have said to you. Of course he showed more class and chose not to.

chas

PS: Don't forget to look at the man in the mirror.

#290026 - 07/10/10 11:18 PM Re: time to move on
mr9000 Offline

..the absence of Diki is the root reason for all this current lovelessness miden..rest assured 2wks synthzone vaction will have you itching gor a re-visit.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 07-10-2010).]

#290027 - 07/11/10 05:30 AM Re: time to move on
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
he absence of Diki is the root reason for all this current lovelessness

lol... I nearly choked when I read that. People are actually starting to express again without the fear of being shot down.

Dennis... I will be sorry to see you leave here, but at least this is not a goodbye and I will get to enjoy and benefit from your company elsewhere. It is a loss to this community though as you really know your stuff and have been so helpful to many.

Upwards and onwards though mate. A good person like you with a positive attitude can accomplish a million times more in a place where other like minded people hang out.

Kind Regards
James

#290028 - 07/12/10 08:01 AM Re: time to move on
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Dennis, it would be an honor to hear from you directly. Looked for your email for an hour over the week-end, but couldn't find where I put it.

Be well,

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online