SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#288671 - 06/02/10 10:04 PM THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
leezone Offline

all you need is CREATIVITY, and tons of TALENT
and YOU can be the ARRANGER

you must listen to all of this (all 9 min)
it gets better as video goes on
incredible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhBoR_tgXCI&fmt=18

#288672 - 06/02/10 10:55 PM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
all you need is CREATIVITY, and tons of TALENT
and YOU can be the ARRANGER

you must listen to all of this (all 9 min)
it gets better as video goes on
incredible
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhBoR_tgXCI&fmt=18

Leezone the BOOM BOOM beat got me in the end and I only made 3 mins couln't stand it any longer just tell us what it was like at the end. Better still could you edit it and cut out the first say 5 mins. Then i will watch it BOOM BOOM still ringing in my ears!

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 06-02-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#288673 - 06/03/10 05:14 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
That's just old age on your part, Tony. These guys are incredibly talented, creative, and yes, even musical. I guess I can understand people over 50 or 60 not 'getting it', but I think if you are willing to put your 'genre' prejudice' aside and listened and observed what was going on there, you might feel differently.

I think the performance was 'awesome' and the fact that it was done 'live' was even more incredible. I know ahead of time, Tony, that most of the people on THIS board will side with you but that's because of the 'average age' factor, coupled with the fact that many on this board wouldn't recognize talent (or lack, thereof - even in their OWN performances) if it hit them over the head.

For the type of music these guys are trying to produce, I give them an a++. It's modern music and certainly not for everybody, especially the wheelchair crowd, but for me, it's how WELL you do what you do, and not so much about type of music.

BTW, even though the sax player isn't a jazz player, I love his 'vibe'. JMO.

BTW, I'm part of the 'over 60' crowd and this is not 'my type of music' either, but I like to think that I'm open-minded enough to acknowledge and give due credit to something that might be outside of my normal musical comfort zone.

chas

#288674 - 06/03/10 05:40 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Absolutely fantastic.
Can't help but be impressed by that.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 06-03-2010).]

#288675 - 06/03/10 05:51 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
I'm a 71 yr old standards/jazz/blues/ethnic/worldbeat/classical guy..but I liked this a lot! "Incredible?" hardly. "tons of talent and creativity?"
May be true but not all that evidenced by this clip. However, the singer has a great voice and a great style and great rhythmic sense.. the sax player not as good, but he has a great sound. He does groove in most of it but there are parts of it where his rhythmic sense is faulty, and he sounds like an amateur avant-gardist. Their use of the echo is well-done, and it wasn't boring to me even tho it was long and repetitive. I'd like to hear more from this singer, I'm really really picky about singers, and this guy has the "thing" imo.

------------------
Miami Mo

#288676 - 06/03/10 06:13 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Another similar use of looping, this time on a classic Rush tune...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4vd9OVLO7Q

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#288677 - 06/03/10 07:38 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
leezone Offline

Tony,

perhaps you should be more patient in general
you only watched 3 minutes of it?
as i said it gets better as it goes on

are you that patient with your AUDYA too? :-)

did you spend more than 3 minutes trying to figure it out? ;-)

#288678 - 06/03/10 07:39 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Dnj Offline

3 minutes?....I lasted 10 seconds!!

#288679 - 06/03/10 07:40 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
Bachus Offline

Absolutely fantastic, great performance awesome use of looping..

It prooves that good music is timeless.

(I am a big fan of using loops and switching them out in performances, reason i like ableton so much.)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#288680 - 06/03/10 07:45 AM Re: THE BEST ARRANGER... by far !!!... and it's not the latest one out
leezone Offline

Dnj,

next time you goto the toilet
take your laptop

well worth the 9 minutes

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online