SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#277869 - 12/21/09 12:42 AM Can't find recorded song Yamaha S900
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I haven't used this keyboard much but after a few hours working with it, you would think I could figure this out. I recorded a song and finally got a perfect take. Just the keyboard, not vocal. I did not invoke the USB recorder, I didn't even know about invoking that.

Whatever I did, it appeared to record it. Asked me if I wanted to save Yes/No and I said yes and then I named the song. Then, it appeared to save it. It does not show it on the USB stick (and I wouldn't expect it to be there as I did not invoke USB recording) and I can't find it anywhere else. I figured it might be in a User song area. Is there one?

Now, if I press the Select (song), it only goes to the USB stick and shows me songs on there. I can't navigate anywhere other than the USB stick. Surely I am missing something.

#277870 - 12/21/09 03:14 AM Re: Can't find recorded song Yamaha S900
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi, you recorded in MIDI or an SMF, and my guess that if you did not selected the USB drive at the saving moment, to me, it means that, the song (SMF) is on the User Memory or keyboard memory.

When you press Song in the main screen, with the tabs located in the upper right side of the screen, you probably see, Preset (the Demo songs), then the User Memory, and IF you have a USB drive connected, you see the contents of each of the areas,select the User Memory and most likely that you will see that song.
Hope it helps.

------------------
mdorantes

#277871 - 12/21/09 06:28 AM Re: Can't find recorded song Yamaha S900
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Thanks, I finally found the User part in the middle tab and yes, the song is there.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online