SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#276682 - 11/24/09 01:18 AM New Integrated VST now available
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi All
Wersi has just announced revision R42 for all OAS 7 instruments, (Note does not apply to Pegasus wing or Apollo which use OAS Lite)

The VB3 VST is a Hammond organ clone, that like the B4II has been fully integrated into the OAS system so that there is no need to edit the plug-in itself, as a new more friendly (Similar to OAS drawbar edit) has been added within OAS itself.
In addition all controls including drawbars, Rotor etc operate seamlessly with the hardware buttons/drawbars.
Cost is €100 (Significantly cheaper then B4) and 10 tries are available when you load the update.

A demo played live on the Ikarus can be found here http://www.tastenpoint.at/shop/produkt_beschreibung.php?cPath=1_7&products_id=947

Bill

#276683 - 11/24/09 02:01 AM Re: New Integrated VST now available
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Bill
It sure sounds authentic.

#276684 - 11/24/09 03:01 AM Re: New Integrated VST now available
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Bill, the VB3 is a great vst...but not as great as the B4..

Also I would like to mention..the VB3 comes with Acoustica's MixCraft4, as does many other vst's including several great effects.

This program serves as a host, and a multi track recorder (audio and midi)..

It sells for around $70..and is hands down..the best software "bang for the buck".

Buy it..take my word..it is "Super"..
www.acoustica.com

#276685 - 11/24/09 06:35 AM Re: New Integrated VST now available
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
100 Euro for a plugin you can install yourself on the keyboard for 50 euro.

I understand what the extra 50 euro fee covers, but it's odd that they see the value of their work at the same price as the guys who developed the VSTi.

Just saying how I feel when I read this. It's worth the money either way.

Quote:
Bill, the VB3 is a great vst...but not as great as the B4..

Depends on what you prefer. All the registers in NI B4 at certain pitches will produce the exact same noise as a sample looped wrong (and very loudly) where VB3 will always produce a clean tone.

This has been something that has been discussed across many forums and the VB3 always seems to be the most popular one by miles.

Regards
James.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online