SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#275871 - 11/16/09 12:53 PM Latin Styles
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hi, I'm playing a few jobs next week doing all latin stuff. I'll be doing lots cha cha chas, boleros, rumbas, and a few cumbias, salsa and merengues. My Tyros 2 has very few of these syles. I've been to the Yamaha site, but they don't offer many Latin styles. Anybody know where I can get some?

Also just curious as to what arranger do you feel is best for Latin styles.

Thanks!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#275872 - 11/16/09 01:01 PM Re: Latin Styles
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
http://www.psrtutorial.com/sty/collections/bart.html

Scroll down. You will see he had a Zip folder with 77 Latin styles.

There are probably many more to be had from the PSR Tutorial site.
Eddie

#275873 - 11/16/09 01:08 PM Re: Latin Styles
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
For latin styles.., I'd say currently the best unit is probably the Roland GW-8.., or I should say GW-8L (the L stands for Latin).
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#275874 - 11/16/09 03:29 PM Re: Latin Styles
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by montunoman:
Hi, I'm playing a few jobs next week doing all latin stuff. I'll be doing lots cha cha chas, boleros, rumbas, and a few cumbias, salsa and merengues. My Tyros 2 has very few of these syles. I've been to the Yamaha site, but they don't offer many Latin styles. Anybody know where I can get some?

Thanks!

There are good amount of latin styles converted for the yamaha but many of them are not very good. I’m a Yamaha owner, so looked for good latin styles. There are conversions from other keyboards but roland and korg never had good latin styles to begin with, so the conversions will only make it worse. The conversions from ketron are so-so, because it’s missing the second drum which ketron calls the groove. That can not be converted since its specific to ketron. The second drum makes a big difference in the style.

The Roland gw-8L is a keyboard made for latin genre but I found that majority of the styles are not that good. There are a few but not good enough for me to want to spend $1000 for it.

If you’re looking for latin, ketron is your keyboard. Before everyone jumps up and yells Auyda, there are other ketron models that have fantastic latin styles. A mid-range keyboard is the Sd5 or older used models like the SD1 or X1. They are a little older but still out shines many of the other brands in latin. As this is just my opinion, but I know my latin very well. Glad to help.

You may want to YouTube ketron or go to ketron.it for some demos.

#275875 - 11/16/09 03:51 PM Re: Latin Styles
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hey guys. He already owns a T2. He's not looking for a keyboard--he's looking for styles. Eddie provided you with an excellent source, and many of those files are conversions that have been done extremely well.

Additionally, I'll try to dig up a pile and email them to you before the Monday Night Football game comes on. Email me at travlin_easy@copper.net and I'll send them posthaste.

Good Luck,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 11-16-2009).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#275876 - 11/16/09 04:12 PM Re: Latin Styles
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Hey guys. He already owns a T2. He's not looking for a keyboard--he's looking for styles. Eddie provided you with an excellent source, and many of those files are conversions that have been done extremely well.

Additionally, I'll try to dig up a pile and email them to you before the Monday Night Football game comes on. Email me at travlin_easy@copper.net and I'll send them posthaste.

Good Luck,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 11-16-2009).]

I know, my bad, just trying to help, I'm in the same boat that he is in, I love my S900 to death but it hard to find latin styles that are good, especially if your playing for hispanic crowd.

Also almost forgot, the S550B, is a yamaha that just came out recently, when I demoed it had some good cumbias and other latin styles that the T3 or the T2 does not have. But I haven't found a site where the internal styles can be downloaded.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 11-16-2009).]

#275877 - 11/16/09 04:17 PM Re: Latin Styles
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Doesn't the original post contain this sentence?

So talking about other keyboards than tyros II does seem to be appropriate, even encouraged.

#275878 - 11/16/09 06:03 PM Re: Latin Styles
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hey guys, thanks for the links. The Yamaha syles are perhaps better the ballroom dance crowd. The jobs I have coming up are for hispanic organizations. Luckily I have a hot Latina singer and a bad ass percussionist to add some sabor Latina. So far I haven't found a simple cumbia- the yamaha cumbia sounds odd. Yes, I'm looking for styles for my Tyros 2 but I welcome your thoughts on your favorite arranger keyboards for authentic latin styles.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#275879 - 11/16/09 07:13 PM Re: Latin Styles
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
FAEbGBD,

You're right. I just missed that last sentence when I read the original post.

montunoman,

You have mail.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#275880 - 11/16/09 07:22 PM Re: Latin Styles
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by montunoman:

the AUDYA Hands Down, by a mile and a half !!!

nothing comes close,
try it and you'll see

the Roland GW8L is a joke in comparison,
really, i've played both,

for those who don't believe, you must not have played the AUDYA yet

[This message has been edited by leezone (edited 11-16-2009).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online