SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#272071 - 09/25/09 01:52 PM Audya bug list created at Ketron forum
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Please list any bugs, problems, issues, etc at the Ketron forum under Audya Bug list.

correction sorry, type to damn fast.
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum22/HTML/001322.html

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 09-25-2009).]

#272072 - 09/25/09 02:01 PM Re: Audya bug list created at Ketron forum
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Please list any bugs, problems, issues, etc at the Ketron forum under Audya Big list.

Is it a BIG list, or a BUG list?

Or is it a BIG BUG list?

A URL might help.... (Donny? )

#272073 - 09/25/09 02:25 PM Re: Audya bug list created at Ketron forum
Dnj Offline

Does the downside ever stop with this keyboard...I can't believe all the problems I'm reading about....one after the other it never stops. I know if I laid out all that money for a unit I'd be pissed off big time.
Ketron really rushed this arranger out before it was ready IMO. Good luck everyone.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-25-2009).]

#272074 - 09/25/09 03:05 PM Re: Audya bug list created at Ketron forum
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Reminds me of an Fiat X1/9 sports car my friend next door used to own.

It looked beautiful, sounded great, handled exceptionally well, was great on gas...and broke down quite often (overheated, transmission problems)....and if you got up early in the morning, and it was quiet, you could actually hear it rust.

Besides washing and polishing it, he was constantly fixing it as well.

Or, perhaps the Audya is like singer with a voice like God, and a temperament like the Devil.

#272075 - 09/25/09 05:03 PM Re: Audya bug list created at Ketron forum
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Or maybe the people that ARE gigging without problems are just too busy gigging to post about it here...

So far, I haven't seen any dealbreakers yet. The ODD HD problem, the issue of going from drawbars to regular sounds...

Nothing that can't be worked around, AFAIK.

I can't think of one of us that isn't making SOME kind of workaround for a feature we would like to see changed or improved...

For all its' issues, I have still yet to hear an arranger that sounded as live and ballsy as the Audya demos are. Doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to get one (I would usually wait for the OS to stabilize, anyway), but at least I AM willing to make the comparison.

#272076 - 09/25/09 06:06 PM Re: Audya bug list created at Ketron forum
Dnj Offline

With so much praise.....So why didn't you buy an Audya if it's so good?.....Instead of another G70?.. or maybe ballsy is Not what some people need in an intimate setting... I learned my lesson ....I'll just wait nothing wrong with that...maybe good things are coming?... if not I'm good with what I have. Btw, we heard those GW8 styles converted on a G70 today and weren't impressed at all nor was there anything the G70 doesn't have already that stood out.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-25-2009).]

#272077 - 09/25/09 06:27 PM Re: Audya bug list created at Ketron forum
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I seriously doubt if I'll ever get a chance to play an Audya...no dealers close by...but, I know I wouldn't even consider buying something that is giving so many problems.

Seems that the customer is the guinea pig.

#272078 - 09/25/09 06:38 PM Re: Audya bug list created at Ketron forum
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Seems that the customer is the guinea pig.

Ian you couldn't have said it better!

#272079 - 09/25/09 07:45 PM Re: Audya bug list created at Ketron forum
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Ian,

It wasn't only the X1/9 Fiat that was bad. I owned two Fiats in my lifetime. A 1968 850 Spider that looked similar to the X1/9 only much better, and a 1975 "I think" 128. Both cars were miserable trouble prone pieces of junk. I sold the 128 with 72,000 miles on it and I couldn't remember it running long enough to get that many miles on it.

If history is any indicator, the Chrysler acquisition by Fiat will be disaster for Chrysler quality. Chrysler quality is already not very good. I only see it getting worse.

Tom

Tom

#272080 - 09/25/09 09:37 PM Re: Audya bug list created at Ketron forum
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Or maybe the people that ARE gigging without problems are just too busy gigging to post about it here...

So far, I haven't seen any dealbreakers yet. The ODD HD problem, the issue of going from drawbars to regular sounds...

Nothing that can't be worked around, AFAIK.

I can't think of one of us that isn't making SOME kind of workaround for a feature we would like to see changed or improved...

For all its' issues, I have still yet to hear an arranger that sounded as live and ballsy as the Audya demos are. Doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to get one (I would usually wait for the OS to stabilize, anyway), but at least I AM willing to make the comparison.

Diki,

Sometimes we know best and we will listen to a dealer who says this is the best KB ever, the best sounds ever, my dealer did and is still selling Audya at the lowest margins imaginable, so I don’t know what’s going on in people minds. What I do know is the main reason why people are not coming forward is there not the number of KBs out there, perhaps in France, Portugal and Eastern Europe there are good numbers , the language barrier on this site is (None English ) stops faults filtering down our way, you could go on the French site and use Google translate, but it will be heavy going.
Now if all the US dealers who read this site just gave us the number sold you would tell, but I don’t think they will. In the UK I would be surprised if 30 Audyas have been sold and USA not all that many more, just see who’s got Audya in stock, in any number. Who’s going to stock a product that cost $6800 and the profit is only 10 bucks.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online