SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#271442 - 09/17/09 06:20 PM Combining a Korg OASYS with a Korg Pa2XPro
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
The Korg OASYS still retains its title as the most powerful synthesizer to this day, even after several years of its release. Nothing can touch its pristine audio quality and depth of programming of its synth engines.

Every time I turn on this instrument, I am amazed with the sparking brilliance of the programs and combinations.

But what makes this instrument so much fun to jam with and challenge your creativity is its KARMA Technology pioneered by Stephen Kay. You can even expand the KARMA functions by adding the KARMA OASYS Software.

The Korg Pa2XPro 76 key Professional Arranger is the top of the line offering from Korg and is one of the finest in this category. Korg Italy did a spectacular job outfitting this keyboard with some of the most authentic instrument voices and factory styles.

The new keybed has a wonderful action that is a joy to play on. What jumps right at you, when you turn on this keyboard is the presence of the sounds. This is in sharp contrast with the Yamaha Tyros2 which sounds smooth and processed like a studio mastered CD.

Korg has been criticized in the past for drowning their presets with too much processing. I guess they took a different approach with the Pa2XPro to showcase how good the dry samples are without having to use effects to prop them up. The end result is the illusion of a live band. Of course one can dial in any amount of Reverb/Chorus to fit the bill.

Wouldn’t it be nice to combine the best features of the OASYS and the Pa2XPro and morph them into a single unit?

Can you imagine the power and potential the Pa2XPro will have if you could access the sounds of the OASYS and play impossible solos with your right hand aided by KARMA Technology?

Just the combination of Karma with the Pa2XPro styles will put this in a league of its own. There is no parallel. It would blow away the competition. Imagine triggering chords with your left hand to play back a full orchestra while you are playing fancy lead lines with your right hand with Karma doing all the work for you.

This is like having an Auto Arranger that also plays Auto Leads. It is not humanly possible to play a Harp Glissando on a keyboard in the same manner that Karma does it for you.

I think this is the next logical step in the evolution of Auto Arrangers. All the ingredients are in place. All it would take is for Korg and Stephen Kay to hammer down the final specs.

I have watched the evolution of Korg since their original groundbreaking M1 Workstation and their i3 Arranger and played on every major model they released…the O1/Wfd, WaveStation EX, i30, Trinity, Triton, OASYS, and now the Pa2XPro.

Here is a picture of my setup.

Thanks a million to Frank Ventresca for making me a killer deal on the Korg Pa2XPro. If you want to get a Korg Pa2XPro/Pa800/Pa500 or a Yamaha Tyros3 or even a Ketron Audya, call up Frank at (203) 876-1133

Scott Yee and I had the pleasure of meeting Frank at the NAMM show this year. He is a terrific guy and an all around gentleman. He would make you a deal you cannot refuse. Frank is the President of AudioWorks in Connecticut.

Best regards,

Tapas

[This message has been edited by Tapas (edited 09-17-2009).]

#271443 - 09/17/09 06:25 PM Re: Combining a Korg OASYS with a Korg Pa2XPro
zuki Offline

Beautiful pic. Obviously, you must not be married

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#271444 - 09/17/09 06:51 PM Re: Combining a Korg OASYS with a Korg Pa2XPro
Tapas Offline

You are right Zuki!

I am single, free and happy

#271445 - 09/17/09 07:13 PM Re: Combining a Korg OASYS with a Korg Pa2XPro
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Poor Korg X50! It ended up on the floor

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#271446 - 09/17/09 07:27 PM Re: Combining a Korg OASYS with a Korg Pa2XPro
Tapas Offline

You have sharp eyes Vagro!

That is indeed a Korg X50, now banished to the floor

#271447 - 09/17/09 08:14 PM Re: Combining a Korg OASYS with a Korg Pa2XPro
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Sure! I can also see you inside the red rose.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#271448 - 09/18/09 05:46 AM Re: Combining a Korg OASYS with a Korg Pa2XPro
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
It will be a very long time before anything comes along that can surpass the sonic clarity of the OASYS.

That's one sweet setup you have there.

James

#271449 - 09/18/09 05:56 AM Re: Combining a Korg OASYS with a Korg Pa2XPro
Irishacts Offline

Anyone for an OASYS Rack ?

#271450 - 09/18/09 12:08 PM Re: Combining a Korg OASYS with a Korg Pa2XPro
Tapas Offline

Hi James,

Wow! That is a brilliant piece of piece of computer generated artwork.

What software did you use to render this photorealistic 3D image? I can only imagine how many hours you spent on this project. You even rendered the OASYS slider controls to give its authentic look and feel.

I like your attention to detail like the shadings on the rack holes and the shadow on the top screws and the texture of the casing.

What I would really like to know is how you got the 3D KORG logo on the bottom and the reflection on the tabletop.

If you don’t mind, I am going to use your artwork as my desktop background.

Tapas

#271451 - 09/18/09 03:46 PM Re: Combining a Korg OASYS with a Korg Pa2XPro
Irishacts Offline

Hi Tapas.

Quote:
What software did you use to render this photorealistic 3D image?

I used Vue 7 Infinity. http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_7_infinite/

Quote:
What I would really like to know is how you got the 3D KORG logo on the bottom and the reflection on the tabletop.

Everything you see in an actual 3D object I created. In addition to that you can specify what each object is made from and it will then behave as if it's really made from that material. So if I tell it that the table is a laminated shiny surface then it will reflect any object around it just like a real table will.

Same goes for the KORG Logo. It's set to a frosted metal finish and so it will behave that way when rendering.

Quote:
If you don’t mind, I am going to use your artwork as my desktop background.

Sure, by all means feel free. If you want higher resolution versions try this.
http://www.irishacts.com/misc/OASYS-Rack-v5-Compressed.jpg

Warning.... I really do mean High Resolution

Enjoy.
James.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online