SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#270869 - 09/06/09 10:56 PM Audya sustain pedal polarity
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi everyone,

The polarity required by the Audya's sustain pedal input is different from other arrangers. Is there a way to change it in the setup?

Thank you,
Henni

#270870 - 09/07/09 02:49 AM Re: Audya sustain pedal polarity
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
If not, just purchase a pedal with a polarity switch. Google "polarity switch sustain pedal" and half a dozen will show up. Make sure you check the one you already have, first. Most decent quality pedals have it.

chas

#270871 - 09/07/09 01:54 PM Re: Audya sustain pedal polarity
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
Hi Henni

I had the same problem with my sustain pedal. There is apparently no option to change this in the setup.
Maybe in OS3??

But yes you could check if you have a switch on the actual pedal, if not just crack it open and reverse the wires, works like a charm.

#270872 - 09/07/09 09:01 PM Re: Audya sustain pedal polarity
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Tx for your replies. My friend bought a new pedal. Strange that one cannot change it in the setup.

Today, for the first time I played first hand with the new Tyros 3. Demos are misleading. Because I've already converted all the styles to play on my PSR-3000, it did not impress me at all. Not at that price tag that is.

My friend's Audya though does impress me. The sound quality and style sounds are completely different and something new and refreshing to me.

The PSR-S910 also apparently offers very little new in styles. Guess I'll stick to my 3000 for yet another few years.

Keep well,
Henni

#270873 - 09/08/09 02:39 AM Re: Audya sustain pedal polarity
fc_xander Offline

Loc: Portugal
European Brands use polarity in Sustain Pedals and Volume Pedals diferent from Japonese Brands.

Must Buy a Pedal with the Polarity Switch or buy a Ketron Sustain Pedal.

F.C.
Ketron Portugal.

#270874 - 09/08/09 07:11 AM Re: Audya sustain pedal polarity
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
Check to see if the thing may have automatic polarity sensing at bootup. More and more keyboards today are like that, don't know about Audya.

Simple enough to check, simply connect the pedal to its jack *before powering up the keyboard*. Then check pedal action.

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online