SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#266599 - 06/23/09 12:13 PM Going to Summer NAMM!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
My son and I will be going to Summer NAMM. A former client, Q-Lighting, is our host. We worked on a retail lighting line that they discontinued, and connected the owner, Ira Cooper, with Bob Burris, the designer of a really hot little blues boutique amp that Q-Lighting now manufacturers. Bob is now chief engineer, I think.

Want to try to visit with Rory while I'm there, and introduce him to the Burris crew. Rory is one of my favorites here. Be nice to have lunch or dinner. I think he would be a great endorser, and have recommended him highly to Bob. Other endorsers are Bill Laurence (the designer of superb pick-ups) and the "Lovin Spoonful" dude-John Sebastian.

Love to meet up with anyone else in the area at the time. Don't expect much that's new, given the economy, but always enjoy the drive down and visiting friends in the business.

We'll be there at noon on Friday the 17th and stay until noon on Saturday, so I can make my 9:00 gig back in Lexington. The Friday evening of Summer NAMM is the only night I take off during the year.

I'll let you know if there is anything interesting, although not much ever happens in the keyboard area.

Russ

#266600 - 06/23/09 12:41 PM Re: Going to Summer NAMM!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Russ., the only thing you're probably going to see new in the way of keyboards (unless someone is holding on to a good secret) is the new Roland Juno-Di and you may see the new Akai MiniAK (which is nothing more than a repackaged Alesis Micron).

You'll most likely see the current models from the other makers. There's no news of any new releases from Korg or Yamaha (at least not at the moment).

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-23-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#266601 - 06/23/09 03:26 PM Re: Going to Summer NAMM!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Russ,
This year there are so many brand names that will be missing from NAMM. Even Fender decided not to attend this year. I think Korg doesn't go and lot's of other manufactures haave choosen to only attend the Winter NAMM show in Aneheim, Ca.
I won't be attending but would have loved to get to meet you rather than just on the phone. Have Fun!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#266602 - 06/24/09 02:12 AM Re: Going to Summer NAMM!
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
As of right now, I don't have anything taking me away from town that weekend, so it looks like I'm finally going to get to meet up with the Captain. Looking forward to it.

The only new keyboard I'm interested in is the Nord Stage Ex. I've played on the original stage, and the new one isn't so much different from the original, just more memory basically.

Would be really cool if we could get something worked out with the Burris amps people.
Rory

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online