SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#266273 - 06/16/09 06:07 PM A memorable visit with my friend Chas...
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I'm just off the road from a trip to Atlanta, where I had the honor of having an extended lunch with one of my all-time favorites here...Chas.

This was proof-positive that, as great as the internet is, you can't really get the true interaction between individuals on-line as you can sitting across from one another.

Here's a person of real depth, a kind smile
...an articulate intellect, with a real understanding of complex issues. My son and I particularly enjoyed our discussion of the creative process (photography, music and graphics), looking at the effects of modern technology and how it changes multiple elements of creative endeavors.

Sadly, Chas is currently not an active participant here, and I understand why. Mind you, he did not utter one word of complaint, either at the time of the incident(s), or during our visit today, but I recall a couple of (possibly unintentional) references a few months back that bordered on racism, and "gentleman Chas" chose to not get involved in the inevitable conflict that would have resulted if he had called attention to those poorly chosen remarks. What a class act. A lesser man would not have reacted with that much restraint.

My contacts with members (Chas and Dave-see above) were delightful. In two days, I got to associate with two talented people of substance, and I will fondly remember both visits as lifetime highlights.

We'll be seeing both of you soon.

Also heard today (Wed) from Taike, who asked for me to say "hi" for him to Chas and others.

All the best,

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 06-17-2009).]

#266274 - 06/17/09 07:40 AM Re: A memorable visit with my friend Chas...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Russ .. glad to hear Chas is doing well.
thnx,
t.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online