SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#262369 - 04/30/09 06:48 PM Tips & Ideas for Creating Styles
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Ian,
hope you don't mind me moving your answer to another topic, your answer is broader than my initial question was http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/019492.html

You've mentioned using custom? intro's as variations (can also be done on my Korg, so useful tip)

You also mentioned using parts of endings to make intro's ( you did say that's another topic haahaa here we are)
by that do you you mean they have to be edited down ie cut down or partially rerecorded?

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Hi Rikki,

When I make my own styles using Style Assembly in my PSR-S900, I generally set up the three intros thus:

Intro I...Stop/Fill-in...1 Bar

Intro II...Stop/Fill-in...2 Bars

Intro III...made from other parts of the style and/or another style....designed to play your own progression & melody....generally 8 Bars long with a drum fill in the last bar.

Sometimes I will make all the Intros 8 Bars long and turn them into extra variations...generally they will have less orchestration than the Main Variations.

During a tune I can go to one of these intros, and after it plays through it's cycle of 8 bars, the style will return to the last Main Variation I was on before I selected it.

This essentially gives a style seven Variations as opposed to the original four.

I also use parts of the endings to make intros, but that's another topic.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-30-2009).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#262370 - 05/01/09 05:49 AM Re: Tips & Ideas for Creating Styles
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Hi Rikki,

I've answered a bit of you question on the other thread. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/019492.html

Ian

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online