SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#262016 - 04/24/09 11:42 AM Tried the Yamaha psr s550B
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I gave the new black yamaha a whirl today also. I have to say if your looking for ethnic keyboard it seems pretty nice. I only tried the latin section. As far as the middle eastern styles I can't really say since I don't know that style of music.

I found some styles on this keyboard that are not on any of the tyros's or the s900 that are really good. I found a really nice "forro" (brazilian style)& "Reggaeton" in the latin section and a really nice "CumbiaGrupera" in the World section. Also can't forget the salsa, it is different then the one on the tyros(s).

For you latin style players these are nice styles that are not on any of the past keyboards.

Does any know where I could find the onboard styles for this keyboard. I would really like to get my hands on that "CumbiaGrupera"

Thanks

#262017 - 04/24/09 11:53 AM Re: Tried the Yamaha psr s550B
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Go on Youtube and hit up the S550 owners there. I'm sure someone would be willing to send you those styles.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online