miden Offline

Loc: The World
. Deleted by the OP. Refer to
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/019251.html

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 03-11-2009).]

#259355 - 03/10/09 01:06 PM Re: Media Station review - Part 2
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Glad you are enjoying the MS Dennis, hope to hear more soon.

And by the way, we all have to give it to Dom, whose persistence managed to "break" the SZ wall and sold at least 3 MS's to "visible" (opposite of lurkers) Synthzoners.

Hope the MS gets the popularity it deserves.

#259356 - 03/10/09 01:14 PM Re: Media Station review - Part 2
Dnj Offline

Dennis thank you forp yoru nice review it explains alot about the MS & how to think about what it really is.

#259357 - 03/10/09 01:36 PM Re: Media Station review - Part 2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I would also like to add a few comments...

Just because it was not designed to be "just an arranger"..doesn't mean it won't compete as an arranger...it does...

The problem with most SZ members..they won't or desire to make it their own...likewise a new learning curve is not going to appeal to many if not none at all here..

My "new" MS also has the mic card..4 inputs with effects and harmonizer..

Let me explain my "new" MS...Dom configured all the new upgrades and hardware in a new lower case..I used the top panel and keybed from the "old" MS..
This has given me the X76 expanded with an additional "Pro" model features in the mic board...

I had to work out a couple things like reversing the wheels connection on the mixing board, and enabling the asio for "Live Styler"..
Dennis, Frank, I guess you came across this too before you were able to play LS..If not you will..

For you plug in and play folks..The LS will make life easy for you..and for our Yamaha people..it will play the Yamaha styles decent enough..without glitching ..thanks to Dom's interface design...

I do have a secret weapon though.....Dom, Richard and Zmago's phone numbers...

BTW: the new X76/88 "getting started " manual is pretty helpful and explicit..in a nice way...

Dom did tell me today to "Go read the manual"...

#259358 - 03/10/09 02:09 PM Re: Media Station review - Part 2
Bachus Offline

I am glad to read this...

Seems the mediastation has finally arived where it was supposed to be...

In the hands of capable musicians that are not affraid of innovative technicall stuff.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#259359 - 03/10/09 05:40 PM Re: Media Station review - Part 2
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
let the guys give their reviews Diki. They are being open and honest as they journey through this instrument and if they hit a bump in the road i am sure they wil tell us. I suspect that bump will come when they start to play styles. This hasnt been mentioned yet as they are just familiarising themselves with the lay out of the instrument.Its the styles part of the review that i am intersted in as this is the part of the review that i think most here really want to read. We already know if you had all the money in the world you could add numerous VST's etc and if you had all the time and talent in the world you could create your own styles but i suspect and potentially many others do too that this will be the bump in the road.But lets not get ahead of ourselves. Lets see how Miden and Frank get on with the actual arranger element of this instrument.

Take your time gents.

#259360 - 03/10/09 07:12 PM Re: Media Station review - Part 2
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I'm not Roger Williams...some of you may not be either...but I can play some really beautiful music with an arranger.

So, it helps me play better and puts a smile on my face...not such a bad thing, huh?
But I want the very best style and solo sounds available to man! MS has that possibility.

Do not under estimate the LS on MS. The potential is very high. I can tell you from experience LS is no slouch! It play Yamaha styles very well indeed...so...'IF' Dom has got the integration (butttons, slider etc) done to LS from the MS HW and OS...this is LARGE!

Now to really see what it sounds like, playing LS with the new Giga XG sounds...

Thats what I am waiting for.

Lee S.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online