SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#252810 - 01/07/09 05:42 PM "Midwest Jam?"
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
I haven't seen one before, but thought it might be worthwhile to test the interest levels in a "Midwest Jam" like the others that have been so successful...

If you'd be interested in attending something like this, let me know what decent sized city your closest to.

Also, if you'd be interested in actually helping organize it, let me know that as well...

This is just a test...that's all, lol...

Thanks!

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#252811 - 01/07/09 06:46 PM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Dnj Offline

Bill.....this is a great idea.
remember the DATES are the most important thing to think about & juggle. I'm sure it will be the most enjoyable thing you ever do......... Good luck!

Common people get with Bill & make this MIDWEST JAM happen & the best it can be!
If I'm off and available I will fly out for sure & jam with you guys.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-07-2009).]

#252812 - 01/07/09 07:36 PM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I would be interested in a Summer Jam. I would be coming from the Buffalo/NiagaraFalls NY area.

Regards,

Jerry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Midwest6.jpg

[This message has been edited by Jerryghr (edited 01-08-2009).]

#252813 - 01/07/09 07:44 PM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerryghr:
I would be interested in a Summer Jam. I would be coming from the Buffalo/NigaraFalls NY area.

Regards,

Jerry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Midwest6.jpg

Jerry theres been talk here also about a Northeast jam too.....Talk to Tony Mads & Steve M about it.

#252814 - 01/07/09 07:56 PM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
YES....I would love a MIDWEST JAM!

I am in Ft Wayne IN. Close to Indy, Dayton, Columbus, not too far from Cinci either.

I am 10 minutes from Sweetwater Sound!...I wander if they would host it?

I'll help all I can...

Lee

#252815 - 01/07/09 11:55 PM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think the thing is that, despite being one of the few, this forum for arranger players must only represent a TINY, tiny fraction of arranger players out there (otherwise ALL the manufacturers would go belly up )...

For a function like this to be viable, somehow, either through the local stores, or perhaps an online retailer's database, a LOT more arranger players need to be contacted. Probably only a tiny percent of those contacted could actually make the gathering (due to other commitments), even if they WANTED to attend, so the more you get a hold of, the better!

The Shreveport Jam has got itself established a little bit, but even that is attended by just a handful (wish I could make it!), and they travel from all over for it. But maybe Sweetwater could contact their DB of past arranger customers, and swell the ranks to something amazing!

It always frustrates me that the UK has the Pakefield show, where the manufacturers turn up, show off the latest, greatest, some of the best performers in the UK and Europe put on shows, and clinics, and there is a hands on approach to it all. But here in the States, where arrangers are getting VERY hard to find in brick and mortar stores, the manufacturers couldn't give a rat's ass about doing something to promote the very products they are trying to sell!

And then they wonder why sales are dropping... Idiots!

#252816 - 01/08/09 03:53 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Barty Offline

Loc: Indy
I'm definitely interesred. I'm in Indianapolis.

#252817 - 01/08/09 05:46 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
Dnj Offline

Who cares about the stores being involved ...just get together, meet new friends have a few beers and Jam for a few days & have some fun!!! If you want to be bored with manufacturers go to NAMM.

#252818 - 01/08/09 07:23 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny...Go to NAMM??
How can a average guy go?
Only for dealers etc.?? Right?
If I show up...will they let me in?

Anyone should be able to go.

Probably all those MFG's don't want us there to BEAT UP ON THEM.....along with see their stuff.

Lee

#252819 - 01/08/09 07:46 AM Re: "Midwest Jam?"
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Lee: At least at Summer NAMM, there were minimal manufacturers and minimal products. Yamaha had a T-2, there was the new Roland GW-8, but not much else. Maby things will be better at the Winter show.

Russ

(P.S.-I'd problably make a Jam in the Indianapolis/Cincy/Dayton area).

Russ

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online