SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#233439 - 04/30/08 12:26 PM Good PA2X demo (german)
Bachus Offline

http://www.korg.de/index.php?id=6725&popup=9692&no_cache=1

This comes from the german korg website, and shows the potentiall of the instrument...

Only thing that sounds week to me on the Korgs is their brass , violin and reed sections. Where Yamaha has their SA sounds and roland true articulation sounds (Their new organ has them) and many vst's excell at this........
I am affraid these instruments on the Korg just sound a little like ...typicall great keyboardsounds, but nothing naturall and alive..And their grand piano still seems a little metalic..as they allways have..

I could be wrong tough....

All in all the instrument sounds great tough.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#233440 - 04/30/08 12:46 PM Re: Good PA2X demo (german)
Dnj Offline

Bachus when is your WERSI coming?

#233441 - 04/30/08 01:10 PM Re: Good PA2X demo (german)
Bachus Offline

I am still €2200 short...

And i am not going to borrow money or use my emergency savings to buy a musical instrument..With the options i wish(Abacus duo pro with 10" screen and some extra's) its almost €9000

I am actually planning on having the cash together before the end of the year....

Untill that time i'll keep my eyes and espescially ears wide open for all other options as they seem to be somewhat cheeper in generall..

Still you hit the nail right on top of the head, i have really fallen in love with the wersi sound....

And if you are wondering why i am posting so much of lately, thats because i am temporarilly disabled after a knee operation last week, so i have to much free time at my hands and nowhere else to go then my keyboards (which still really hurts my knee after siting for more then 40 minutes) and my laptop...And whenever i find something new, i am happy i can share it with you people on these boards...

#233442 - 04/30/08 03:11 PM Re: Good PA2X demo (german)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Have you HEARD those Roland sounds though, Bachus?

I must confess, compared to even the humble S900, they didn't impress me in the least.

SA voice technology, especially when you take into consideration the immense complexity of getting streaming VSTi's to be as intuitive and easy to use, is the way to go for this kind of ability, IMO (and, of course, Ian's )...

#233443 - 04/30/08 07:45 PM Re: Good PA2X demo (german)
zuki Offline

Don't be fooled to think the Korg PA series doesn't have great natural sounding instruments and styles. I must repeat the instruments in arranger mode really separate nice in live play - different on any other board I've played. But, hey, we all have different ears. Enjoy what you like - I LOVE the PA800

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#233444 - 04/30/08 08:04 PM Re: Good PA2X demo (german)
Dnj Offline

bachus maybe you can find a really good USED Wersi and save a few bucks?

#233445 - 04/30/08 11:48 PM Re: Good PA2X demo (german)
Bachus Offline

I am having my eyes and ears wide open, but it seems these beauties(wersi) are rarely for sale on the seccond hand market...Most people that have one stick with them for many many years (another pro that shows why i love the wersi)

But then like said before, they aren't exactly cheep.... yesterday i saw a seccond hand abacus duo (without the 10" display) for €8500... tough it had a lot of extra's even 2nd hand these baby's are still just out of my reach...

About the Korg.... I decided to go and hear them in real live whenever i find a keyboard dealer in Holland that has one on the stands, currently they seem to be sold out everywhere.

It certainly is no wersi, but i can buy 3 of them for the price of one wersi..and it got a sh1t load of edditing possibilities.

there is another Pa2X video at Korg tv germany.. Korg_de choose "korg Tv" , then choose keyboards, then choose "Korg Pa2X pro ein überblick" from the menu to the right

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 05-01-2008).]

#233446 - 05/01/08 09:34 PM Re: Good PA2X demo (german)
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I tried to play the demo... No luck. It starts OK then after he gets it powered on mine quits...

Tried it 3 times and it quits in the same place..HELP?
Lee

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online