SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#232359 - 04/17/08 02:56 AM Yamaha QY700 and Software sequencers
chahdok Offline

Loc: Geneva - Switzerland
Hi Guys-How do I get the same instruments tracks distribution from a Software sequencer through a midi file(PC is conected by Midi/USB interface with QY700)in QY700 ? I play a midi file within a Software sequencer(connected through a Midi/USB interface)with QY700, unfortunately the tracks/instruments in QY700 are not automatically changed/updated as in a midi file! I did not have this problem with QY100 ! Please advice me ! Many thanks.

#232360 - 04/17/08 06:48 AM Re: Yamaha QY700 and Software sequencers
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Good luck. I had a QY100 and just couldn't make it work for me. There was way too much down time and setup required for me to use it live. I'm sure I never learned how to use it properly, but I sure tried. BIAB is so much easier to work with.

#232361 - 04/17/08 06:53 AM Re: Yamaha QY700 and Software sequencers
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
On second thought, are you using the QY as a sound source and it'ss not changing patches when you change songs? If so, you need to reset to GM/XG before each song - at least that what it sounds like to me. That was one of the problems I experienced with the 100. If you say you had no problem with the 100 but do have it with the 700 maybe you just need to find that page in the edit section. Again, good luck. If this is what you're doing - and I may be completely wrong in my assumption - then Band In A Box (BIAB) can do this as software and the resulting file can be played thru any GM/GX sound source.

#232362 - 04/17/08 07:23 AM Re: Yamaha QY700 and Software sequencers
chahdok Offline

Thanks Cassp for your prompt response !
yes I use QY700 as source and then I convert the midi sequence already in the patches into a Pattern. When only the tracks are filled with the rights patches/instruments. I wonder if the problem is not related with the midi file format( XG Yamaha compatiable ) or with sending Sysex signal through a midi file ? It could be a configuration matter of Software sequence, Midi file or just a small thing to change within QY700 ?

#232363 - 04/17/08 09:02 PM Re: Yamaha QY700 and Software sequencers
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
not sure I've understood correctly, but have you checked to see if the bank & program change numbers are present in the midifiles . ie is your pc sequencer sending out the correct bank & program change numbers to the QY700?

Check the program & bank changes in your manual, the midifiles may be in GM / GS format whereas the QY may be onl in XG.

I've found that if I play an xg midifile midifile on a gm soundsource, I sometimes don't hear drums. the xg bank change sends the wrong message to a gm soundsource.
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chahdok:
[B]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 04-17-2008).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#232364 - 04/18/08 12:35 AM Re: Yamaha QY700 and Software sequencers
chahdok Offline

Hi Rikkisbears and thanks for your response!
How can I check and put the bank & program change numbers are present in the midifiles ?
I am using the same PC the same midi/usb connection the software sequencer and the same midi files as I used to do the same things with QY100 and no problem ! I realise that sending midi file through the software sequencer the instruments inthe patches/mixer remain all the same (Pianos) it should changes normally automatically into the same distribution as in the midi files.

#232365 - 04/18/08 05:07 PM Re: Yamaha QY700 and Software sequencers
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
sorry, I sold mine years ago.
Must work differently to what I'd imagined.
I couldn't find a list of program & bank change numbers in the manual as I'd expected, like I have with my psr keyboard.
It has a full listing of all the voices in the keyboard along with the program & bank changes to bring up the correct voice.

Normally in midifiles if you go into event list edit, you see data like

MSB 0 0
LSB 32 0
Program change 0
This will usually give you a piano sound in a keyboard.

The MSB & LSB do the Bank Changes
Program Change is the instrument change ie 0 is piano, 25 is guitar etc etc

I couldn't find this data in the manual I downloaded, maybe it's in a seperate manual??

Maybe also check
Midi Filter ( Page 293 Manual) that you have Program Change , Control, Change & Sys Ex enabled.

best wishes
Rikki

[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#232366 - 04/19/08 04:51 AM Re: Yamaha QY700 and Software sequencers
chahdok Offline

Hi Rikkii. Many thanks - I think I've found the solution. The problem is Sysex !!!!. I've found a software in the internet which send the Sysex signal to QY700(Through Midi Input & Midi Output). Once you do that you get the right instruments in the patch !
Again many thanks for your helps !

#232367 - 04/19/08 03:35 PM Re: Yamaha QY700 and Software sequencers
rikkisbears Offline

Hi chahdok,
happy to hear you've sorted it out.

best wishes
Rikki

[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900