#228989 - 03/11/08 04:19 AM Re: AUDYA
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Thanks!

#228990 - 03/11/08 07:57 AM Re: AUDYA
Dnj Offline

#228991 - 03/11/08 08:19 AM Re: AUDYA
Dnj Offline

Nice demos but one wonders what is Mp3 & what is styles vs everything else when its all combined in one unit?...
I'm still out on the Audya rig......but will definitly take a closer look when it arrives as will the new Yamaha & Roland units next wave! MY Needs come first....."hype my Arse" as they say in the UK

#228992 - 03/11/08 09:38 AM Re: AUDYA
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
What more could/does the Audya bring to the table over the Korg Pa2xpro?

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Korg Pa2xpro, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland TD-12 Vdrums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#228993 - 03/11/08 04:49 PM Re: AUDYA
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
What more could/does the Audya bring to the table over the Korg Pa2xpro?

Maybe an open mind?

No, seriously... Those demos sound amazing, but I wonder how much of it is the 'live loop' feature? You won't be able to use those drum breaks more than maybe a couple of times a night before your audience starts to notice that they are identical... Or your songwriting team go 'Not those again!'. And best of luck getting Ketron to release a whole bunch of them.

It must cost a fortune to record all these loops with professional players in top notch studios, not to mention the difficulty in getting third-party developers to adopt the proprietary format. So don't imagine the style library will grow much after release (how many new 'live loop' styles have Ketron ADDED to the SD-1 since it's release - or how many third party 'live loop' styles have been made?).

Then imagine all your favorite imported Yamaha or Roland or Korg styles sounding very poor in comparison, because the lack of 'live' drums (just like Ketron, now, actually!). And, of course, forget editing them. They are what they are, and that's all they can be. No 'tweaking' a kick pattern to fit a different tune better, or adjusting the guitar part (if it is a loop).

I remain skeptical of the method, but I'm keeping an open mind until the final product hits the market. I only hope Ketron increase their distributor chain, because I, for one, am NEVER going to buy one, just to try it out! WAY too much money to chance on a lemon...

#228994 - 03/11/08 07:16 PM Re: AUDYA
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Finally some decent demos of this keyboard..It does sound really good, far better than anything the SD1+ could do, plus it has USB and some really good operational systems..A dealer out here reckons they will list at cheaper than the g70 based on information he had at the time, although that might have changed by now...
Who knows maybe not being able to get a g70 might be a blessing in disguise!!

#228995 - 03/11/08 07:19 PM Re: AUDYA
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Who knows maybe not being able to get a g70 might be a blessing in disguise!!

Why do you say that .....the G70 is an awesome arranger?

#228996 - 03/11/08 07:47 PM Re: AUDYA
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Still waiting for an answer to this question "how many new 'live loop' styles have Ketron ADDED to the SD-1 since it's release - or how many third party 'live loop' styles have been made?"...

Since my G70 was released, I have several hundred new or converted styles for it, that all sound basically as good (or as bad, your choice!) as the ROM ones. Can a Ketron user say the same thing about 'live loop' styles?

#228997 - 03/11/08 10:23 PM Re: AUDYA
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Why do you say that .....the G70 is an awesome arranger?

From what I have seen and heard, yes it is.
I have not had the chance to get my hands on one physically yet.
I mean that from the advertising and the demos I heard, the Audya might just be a bit better.
Hard to tell really as I have not personally played either.

[Edited to add]..also Roland in Australia will still not come to the party and drop their prices on the G70..out here it is still $4400 (about 4100 USD) and they will not budge..
The shop I deal with (a big roland dealer too) and I have been trying for months..with news of the new arranger I thought it was a good chance they will drop, but that is now not happening so I guess the prices will stay the same.
You guys over there really have it good when it comes to buying music gear!!

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 03-11-2008).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online