SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#228436 - 03/01/08 08:05 PM Is it possible Yamaha?
zuki Offline

Is it possible somehow to incorporate more lively (as in live) drums into the arranger series.

Leave the OS the way it is. Keep the wonderful arrangements and variation fluidity. CHANGE NOTHING but the drums - oh, maybe a better harmonizer?

Do this and you would probably rock the world.

Thanks,
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#228437 - 03/01/08 08:17 PM Re: Is it possible Yamaha?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jim,

I'm gonna'send you a style file. Put it into your user area, fire it up, then post how the drums sound. Use the second variation, which has an incredible guitar sound as well. IMHO it kicks ass. And, every place I've used it the audience is packing the dancefloors, and this includes the ones where there are lots of folks in wheel chairs. It's all in taking the time to learn how to tune your keyboard and utilizing some of the fantastic onboard programs. Send me an email so I can return mail the style file to you. Your email address is not in your information page. If anyone else wants it, send me an email at keyboard@bcpl.net

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 03-01-2008).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#228438 - 03/01/08 08:28 PM Re: Is it possible Yamaha?
zuki Offline

Gary,

Looking forward to it

cjherrmann650@cs.com

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#228439 - 03/01/08 08:34 PM Re: Is it possible Yamaha?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Perhaps it is time to start REALLY pressuring the manufacturers to be complete in their MIDI codes to allow remote control of an arranger, and make the MIDI implementation flexible enough to route ANY Part to either Internal or External (or both!) Tones.

Then, you don't have to wait patiently (and wait, and wait, and...) for them to come out with the PERFECT arranger (which will only be perfect for YOU, anyway!). You merely combine two different arrangers into one Über-arranger that is prioritized for YOUR needs.

In fact, the return of the arranger module (that always WAS flexible in it's MIDI) would be even more welcome.

But without the codes... forget about it!

They managed to come together and standardize for MIDI in the early 80's. Let them know we need a standardized arranger control system. And make them realize this will increase their sales. Might almost double them! I would happily have two arrangers if the bloody things would just TALK to each other...

#228440 - 03/02/08 07:24 AM Re: Is it possible Yamaha?
travlin'easy Offline

The style file has been sent to all that requested it.

Enjoy,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#228441 - 03/02/08 09:47 AM Re: Is it possible Yamaha?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Jim,

I'm gonna'send you a style file. Put it into your user area, fire it up, then post how the drums sound. Use the second variation, which has an incredible guitar sound as well. IMHO it kicks ass. And, every place I've used it the audience is packing the dancefloors, and this includes the ones where there are lots of folks in wheel chairs. It's all in taking the time to learn how to tune your keyboard and utilizing some of the fantastic onboard programs. Send me an email so I can return mail the style file to you. Your email address is not in your information page. If anyone else wants it, send me an email at keyboard@bcpl.net

Cheers,

Gary

I just loaded the style into the CVP 307. When Gary says it " KICKS ASS" he means it. Sounds terrific. My wife was up dancin and if I wasn't seated playing I would have been too. Nice work with that one Gary.

#228442 - 03/02/08 12:04 PM Re: Is it possible Yamaha?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, now you know it CAN be done, why not rip the style apart and find out exactly WHY this one rocks, and the others don't...?

#228443 - 03/02/08 03:48 PM Re: Is it possible Yamaha?
travlin'easy Offline

For those of you who have recieved the style so far, which is about 30 people, fire it up, then select the Mixing Console button and go through each page, carefully examining what components, effects, etc.. make this file sound so good. I wish I could take credit for the tuning and tweaking of this style, but I only modified the MFDs to a small degree. The vast majority of the work was performed by an extremely talented lady in the U.K.. I consider her the master at this, and if I get the opportunity to visit there in the next year or two, I hope she will take time to teach this old man some new tricks.

Most Yamaha keyboards have some exceptional onboard programs that are not difficult to use. Style Creator, Song Creator and Sound (Voice) Creator offer the user a multitude of options that allow you to custom tune any style for that particular keyboard.

Jim, still havn't heard from you yet about the style. Inquiring minds want to know.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#228444 - 03/02/08 04:13 PM Re: Is it possible Yamaha?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
F I wish I could take credit for the tuning and tweaking of this style, but I only modified the MFDs to a small degree. The vast majority of the work was performed by an extremely talented lady in the U.K.. I consider her the master at this, and if I get the opportunity to visit there in the next year or two, I hope she will take time to teach this old man some new tricks.

Gary sounds like Eileen's work

#228445 - 03/02/08 04:15 PM Re: Is it possible Yamaha?
zuki Offline

Gary,

My equipment is not here. I'll keep you posted as soon as I try tomorrow night before my 6pm gig.

Thanks again,
zuki

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online