SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#222666 - 12/09/07 04:23 AM Trumpet/Horn sections
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
Hi all, I'm trying to find some really good trumpet/horn section sounds. A group that I've just joined is working on an Elvis Tribute show...the show is based on his 1970 Las Vegas show called "Elvis, That's The Way It Was". So far, for the horn licks that are required, I've been using the "pop trumpets" stock KN7000 sound, but I'm sure that something better is out there. If anyone has anything they'd like to share, or if you know where I can d/l some, please let me know. Thanks...
Jim Helwig

#222667 - 12/10/07 07:16 PM Re: Trumpet/Horn sections
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Years ago when I did a Chicago tribute, I was not happy with any horn section sound till I made my own out of Sex section panned left and trumpet/tbn section panned right. The combination was very realistic and played like a dream !

#222668 - 12/10/07 08:51 PM Re: Trumpet/Horn sections
Jim Helwig Offline

Loc: Sebring, Florida, USA
Hi Dave,

Sex section sounds absolutely great to me, lol. Seriously, I'll give your suggestion a try. Thanks much.
Jim Helwig

#222669 - 12/10/07 11:22 PM Re: Trumpet/Horn sections
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Helwig:
Sex section sounds absolutely great to me

Jim Helwig

I think that makes it sounds more horny I guess

#222670 - 12/10/07 11:27 PM Re: Trumpet/Horn sections
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Just one more reason to use a stereo PA, I guess ;D

Here's a cute trick (that probably many already know ) for some cool arranger brass play...

Split the keyboard... Brass section on top, Sax section on the bottom (or vice versa, or even better, two reg's next to each other the same but swapped - swap any time)... Use the Pianostyle chord recognition (at least three notes to get a chord change)... Play George Shearing-type close voiced piano style (melody at top and bottom a lot!), but keep hands apart in their own section (at least, MOST of the time!)... A nice swing style, and just bass, drums and a piano comp (or guitar)...

Instant Big Band... (and YOU control what they play, not the arranger )

#222671 - 12/11/07 02:50 AM Re: Trumpet/Horn sections
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Jimmy, Jazz or swing needs a great brass section.
My set up;
1-Left hand Synth brass
2-Right 1 Strong deep brass
3-Right 2 High Trumpet (Up one octave
4-Chord harmony, when added, was a third type of brass – Three to four notes.

I keep working one hand against the other trying to create a real sounding brass section. Left hand leading the right – Sometimes only left hand.
A must – A high amount of Touch Sensitivity so that I can control the volume of the instruments, especially the left hand.

Your Kn7000 is capable of doing it very well Jim.

John c.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online