SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#157656 - 09/19/07 05:43 AM chords and lyrics in midi files, I have a couple of questions especially software and
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
What software is the quickest and simplest to extract chords from a midi file and place them in the lyrics? Also adding lyrics to a midi file?

I have GNmidi, and I was able to extract chords and add them to the lyrics but it uses this display.

" I[Cm]want to go[G]dancing "

I'd prefer

Cm G
I want to go dancing

Any suggestions?

Thanks

#157657 - 09/19/07 05:49 AM Re: chords and lyrics in midi files, I have a couple of questions especially software and
Dnj Offline

#157658 - 09/19/07 06:03 AM Re: chords and lyrics in midi files, I have a couple of questions especially software and
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Looks good!

I'd love that prog - BUT

it looks "Yamaha only" to me.

Have I read that right?

I got a Korg PA1X......

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#157659 - 09/19/07 06:16 AM Re: chords and lyrics in midi files, I have a couple of questions especially software and
frankieve Offline

looks easy enough, but it doesn't extract the chords.

#157660 - 09/19/07 06:20 AM Re: chords and lyrics in midi files, I have a couple of questions especially software and
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
How about Band in a Box?

PG Music

#157661 - 09/19/07 06:27 AM Re: chords and lyrics in midi files, I have a couple of questions especially software and
Dnj Offline

#157662 - 09/19/07 06:48 AM Re: chords and lyrics in midi files, I have a couple of questions especially software and
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
my vote is GNMIDI

#157663 - 09/19/07 09:45 AM Re: chords and lyrics in midi files, I have a couple of questions especially software and
frankieve Offline

Ok, I tried the GNmidi and i can only get the layout to put the chords, in the lyrics,

espcially on a SD5/1 anyone know the proper way to make it 2 lines?

Thanks

#157664 - 09/19/07 05:03 PM Re: chords and lyrics in midi files, I have a couple of questions especially software and
miden Offline

Loc: The World
hi frank,
i've been looking at this issue for some while as well..it comes down to the fact that ascii text is not capable of remembering just spaces, ie the chord symbols above the line without them then getting squashed to the far left when the file is reproduced within the the text viewer on the sd (does the same on yamaha, roland and korg too btw) its the text format, now if the keyboard manufacturers changed their operating systems to accept proper word processor formats, there would be no problem. the disadvantage of using programs such as gnmidi, serenade, BIB etc etc (i use an old one called Chord-Pro btw..great for printed lead sheets) is that you then HAVE to carry a pc with you to display your lyrics/chords...in my experience the only way is to put up with the
" I[Cm]want to go[G]dancing " display..
dennis

you could try placing full stops in a line between the chord symbols on the line above the lyric text, but i tried that once with the pa1xpro and it didnt really work out all that well, i can't remember why.....

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 09-19-2007).]

#157665 - 09/20/07 09:37 PM Re: chords and lyrics in midi files, I have a couple of questions especially software and
wkStudio Offline

Loc: South Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
What software is the quickest and simplest to extract chords from a midi file and place them in the lyrics? Also adding lyrics to a midi file?

I have GNmidi, and I was able to extract chords and add them to the lyrics but it uses this display.

" I[Cm]want to go[G]dancing "

I'd prefer

Cm G
I want to go dancing

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Try http://mymusicsoft.com/ I have used their Karaoke-to-text program with good results.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online