SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#92874 - 09/01/07 09:11 AM Sometimes I just hate people
montana Offline

Loc: red lodge,mt,usa
First of all playing in MT is not easy it's a big state with few people. I probably play more than anyone around but it is not easy to book the gigs I get to stay semi retired. We have quite a few people who follow the duo and last night two of them really p---ed me off. These are people we always do request for and talk to during breaks ect. One told me last night to make sure I'm free next August 2nd because they are having a party and another band is playing for them. I told her wouldn't be there because in the summer time I'm real busy playing. Another guy asked me how much we charged because they might have a party and when I told him he said "That Much". I can't wait for two more years when I can start drawing on my 401Ks and not deal with these A--holes.

#92875 - 09/01/07 09:50 AM Re: Sometimes I just hate people
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Sometimes it is just nice to close your music room door..and play for the most appreciative audience...yourself..

#92876 - 09/01/07 10:00 AM Re: Sometimes I just hate people
Dnj Offline

Why didnt you straight forward ask them ...

Why they weren't having your duo for their party...?

this way you'll get an idea for the future...there must be a reason they chose the other band find out what it is?

#92877 - 09/01/07 02:08 PM Re: Sometimes I just hate people
zuki Offline

Montana,

EVERYONE runs into situations like that. I had to be reminded recently that there are way too many positive transactions out there that allow you to shove that bad ones aside and move forward. Remember, they usually treat everyone else like that too - their problem - not yours

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#92878 - 09/01/07 03:46 PM Re: Sometimes I just hate people
montana Offline

Thanks Guys, I shouldn't P--- and moan just got me at the wrong time.

#92879 - 09/01/07 04:41 PM Re: Sometimes I just hate people
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Montana, Fran has the right idea, sometimes just playing for yourself can't be beat.

Just trying to lighten things up a bit, but you're saying sometimes you just hate people. One of my favorite all time movies was one called "Barfly" It starred Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunaway. Mickey walks into this bar where Faye is sitting there drunk as a skunk and makes the statement " I just hate XXXXXX people" Mickey replies, "Well, I don't hate them, I just feel better when they aren't around." I find myself saying that when I'm stuck in commuter traffic.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-01-2007).]

#92880 - 09/02/07 11:39 AM Re: Sometimes I just hate people
montana Offline

I like that quote. I of the reasons I moved here was because there aren't a lot of poeple. I shouldn't complain. Like I said just got to me at the wrong time.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online