SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#160020 - 07/27/07 08:47 AM new s900 problem
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
So... I was sitting there just a few bites into my home made hamburgers, enjoying my dinner, relaxing in front of tv when my cell phone rings. It's my ex-student... the one with the new s900. She is at the music store in town, and the MIDI isn't working right and no one at the store knew what was wrong. I put my dinner down, drove to the store, only to help figure out it was the MIDI in on the s900. As long as you held the cord up, or placed a paper "wedge" under the jack it would work fine, but if you let it go, MIDI would cut out again. So she will have to get the MIDI jack repaired, leaving her without the keyboard for however long or just carry a little wad of paper to place under the jack upon set up.

I was just surprised and wnated to let everyone else know about it in case there starts to be a pattern. Could be just a fluke.

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#160021 - 07/27/07 10:03 AM Re: new s900 problem
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Well it's good to at least make known some problems others have.., this way to see if there may have been a design flaw that was overlooked. So far (including this one) I've read about a bad data wheel, and this one about the midi jack. I wonder how other owners are doing as the S series is pretty small in numbers at the moment.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online