SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#123523 - 07/05/07 02:52 AM My Tyros 2 is goonnneeeeee
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
tonight my Tyros 2 was used as a deposit for a Motif XS

i shall pick up the XS tomorrow if all goes well (otherwise saturday morning).

i am going to have an extremely sleepless weekend ahead!! hell i might even be hit by a massive anonymous flu next week... ALL of next week hahahahaa

Nick

#123524 - 07/05/07 04:55 AM Re: My Tyros 2 is goonnneeeeee
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
hell i might even be hit by a massive anonymous flu next week... ALL of next week hahahahaa
Nick

INCOMING .....!!!!! DUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your Motif, Nick. No regrets selling the T2 so far?

Taike

#123525 - 07/05/07 05:04 AM Re: My Tyros 2 is goonnneeeeee
Nick G Offline

well.. i will miss alot of the styles... BUT

last night i recorded ALOT of the styles straight to midi so i can import them all into the motif...

i copied just all the styles that i used on the t2. thats most of the latin styles, dance, rock and world...

i recorded intro 2 and 3, all 4 variations, all 5 fill ins, ending 2 and 3 for each style.

cant wait to hear how they are going to turn out using the motif sounds!!

the grand piano voice on the motif blows away the T2 piano voice along with alot of other sounds including the drum kits.

I am going to have a busy weekend

Nick

#123526 - 07/05/07 06:55 AM Re: My Tyros 2 is goonnneeeeee
Dnj Offline

Bset thing you ever did ......good luck with the XS!!

#123527 - 07/05/07 02:15 PM Re: My Tyros 2 is goonnneeeeee
zuki Offline

Have fun during the night owl times I was up till 3 am playing new tunes the other night....

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#123528 - 07/05/07 09:08 PM Re: My Tyros 2 is goonnneeeeee
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
One thing that is completely different between XS and arranger operation is the fills...

On an arranger, the second you push the 'fill' buttons, it drops into the fill. On the XS, you have to push the button for the fill one bar before you need it. You can't just use the tail end of the fill (AFAIK), you always have to play the entire fill.

For those of us very used to arrangers, this is a VERY difficult thing to get used to...

#123529 - 07/05/07 09:30 PM Re: My Tyros 2 is goonnneeeeee
Nick G Offline

Diki where is the fill button on the XS? I have not seen one and I am staring at the pic of the XS right now and i cant see it????

#123530 - 07/05/07 10:41 PM Re: My Tyros 2 is goonnneeeeee
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
There IS no fill button...

Just different ARPS, which some of the presets (not many) have been programmed as fills. If I remember right, some of the blues setups, or I can't exactly remember WHICH ones, but there are definitely some set up this way.

The XS is NOT an arranger, and it's current OS can't make it into one. Each ARP is a complete thing, and either has to be played one after another (press another ARP and as soon as the current one finishes the loop, it goes into the one you just pressed (it waits for the end) or it can go immediately, but it doesn't remain in sync. At least from trying most of the factory presets, this is the impression I got. If it CAN drop into a fill in sync, at any time, there are NO presets that do this, something I find hard to believe Yamaha WOULDN'T have done.

So every move must be planned ahead, rather than be interactive, like an arranger.

#123531 - 07/06/07 02:05 AM Re: My Tyros 2 is goonnneeeeee
jwyvern Offline

Hi Nick,
From previous posts you seem to be quite keen in getting the best sounds from your KB. So presumably you have some "killer" registrations that you made on the Ty2.
Will you be able to load these into the Motif or are they incompatible? Will you have to start from scratch?
[I'm asking because I have a Ty2 and I'm interested in the possibility of a Motif as an upgrade option]

John

#123532 - 07/06/07 04:34 AM Re: My Tyros 2 is goonnneeeeee
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
The structure of the two boards is completely different John. The Motif series has combi patches ( called performances ) but these are not the exact equivalent to registrations. BTW the Motif doesn't process .sty files, though you could use the midi data and make multilayered arps with it, and the T2 cannot read the Motif's arp data ( however you can record the arp data to a midi file and then with some modification reintroduce into the T2 and make a multipad out of it )..

Even the Mega Voices are structured in a different way between the two. I know from trying to use the articulations in a Megavoice ( acessed by using midi note data placed either very high or low on the scale ) from a T2 patch with a very similar ES patch. Tried it with several combinations of patches... Doesn't work at all.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 07-06-2007).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online