SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#116762 - 06/19/07 02:22 PM New Toys are Here!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Just got the SH 201 and the GW-7 George shipped me, and have only had 1/2 hour to look at them. The SH-201 is a fun little booger! In "real time" on a OMB job, the presets will be useful, and in groups, the "rest" will be great.

The GW 7 is a diappointment, not because of quality or even sounds, but in the practical application I needed. I wanted a board with presets, where I could store, say 3 pianos, vibes, a flute, etc. and access them with one push of a button. The dial will be a little difficult to use in real time. Also, can't find a usable vibe anywhere, and that's one of my main requirements. Do not want to send it back, but it will not do what I want it to. Just goes to show that, as good as my friend George is, you really gotta play the thing before you decide. I'll continue to use my old Yamaha tone generator into a midi controller with 8 presets until I find a usable board for my right hand (old-style-90 degrees). This one will have a place of honor beside the Casio 8000 I bought from George a while ago in my office.

Thanks for the great service and prices, George. I'll probably never buy anything sight unseen again, but will find the product locally, "test drive it" and order from you.
Or, a road trip may be in order, occasionally.

R.

#116763 - 06/19/07 02:38 PM Re: New Toys are Here!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Russ,
On the GW7 you can store 10 of your favorite sounds (they can be all pianos, 3 pianos and 3 electric pianos, etc.) by picking the sound you want, hold the favorite button and selecting and holding one of the 10 catagory buttons until you see the word "writing" and complete. This way, by just pushing a single button you have 10 sounds you need all the time.
Also, you can store an additional 10 sounds using only the catagory specific buttons and not turning on the "favorite" button light. The only limitation is that the sound you save has to be from the specific catagory marked above each catagory.
So, you can have 20 favorite sounds on single pushed buttons.
You can also save 32 "user performances" including single, dual, split sounds which are called up using the data wheel.
I hope this information might help.
This is a great little keybaord for sound quallity, weight and price.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online